Home Forums Bike Forum KS Dropper – cable cylinder disconnecting from coupler

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS Dropper – cable cylinder disconnecting from coupler
  • pedlad

Not sure if I’m missing something here but after replacing the inner cable, the cable-holding cylinder at the internally routed post end keeps disconnecting from what the exploded diagram calls the coupler.

The cylinder is still crimped onto the cable fine when I pull the post out – most of the internet help on this is for this problem. The coupler only has one side with a hole for the cylinder and a small bar to support the other side of the perpendicular cylinder which seems like it would stop “holding” that side and allow it to come away when the cable is pulling the coupler down.

Any tips on how to secure it?

tillydog
    Free Member

Any tips on how to secure it?

The cable outer should fit snugly in the base of the post once the inner has been hooked on. This should stop the cable moving enough to detach the inner as you put the post back into the frame.

Do you have the other end of the cable still attached to the trigger? If so, that should stop it moving enough to detach.

grahamt1980

As above,  sounds like you are not keeping the cable tight when you are putting the seatpost back in.

pedlad

Looking at it via a zoomed in photo and I think that the tip of the coupler has broken off. Trying to source a replacement.

tillydog
    Free Member

Coupler should look like this:

(Picture from here )

pedlad

yeh mine’s definitely well short of being a semi-circle – thanks v much for posting that pic to confirm

tillydog
    Free Member

SLAM69 seem to stock a lot of KS parts. Can’t see the coupler, but they have a note to give them a ring if you want something that’s not listed.

KS Dropper Post Spares

This ***might*** be an upgraded replacement (guessing!)

KS Actuator Lever – Dropper Post Spares (P5728/A3196)

vlad_the_invader

pedlad

Looking at it via a zoomed in photo and I think that the tip of the coupler has broken off. Trying to source a replacement.

I had the exact same problem with my KS dropper. New coupler fixed it. IIRC, it was a warranty job for me

argee

I switched over to a lever that secured the cable thread end and got the fitment barrel for that, saves a hell of a lot of pain, as when it comes loose, you just can’t fix it trailside.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.