Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Kommen sie, um den blitz pootle. (Sat 22 feb)
  • nbt

The last time we held a pootle, Pook announced it about three weeks in advance and we had FIFTY-TWO people turn up. Can’t cope with that many people again so this one’s short notice

As usual, you can spout all you want about dates and routes, but the date is fixed and I’ll be deciding the route, so save your breath

Details:

9.30 for 10

Meeting point will be Roman Lakes in Marple
    http://www.romanlakes.co.uk/
    Nearest Post Code SK6 7HB
    http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=396955&Y=387855&A=Y&Z=120

The best way is to come down Lakes Road from the middle of Marple.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.396381,-2.075644&daddr=Lakes+Rd+to:Unknown+road&hl=en&geocode=%3BFdC0LgMd86vg_w%3BFVGhLgMdtr3g_w&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=15&via=1&sll=53.395792,-2.065129&sspn=0.017401,0.038581&ie=UTF8&ll=53.395281,-2.059636&spn=0.017401,0.038581&t=h&z=15

Google maps seems to be fixated on sending people down Linnet Clough. Technically it’s a road and your Sat Nav may direct you that way too, but it’s not really too suitable for your average car. You’ll find this out as it’ll probably be the last descent

Following feedback from people who struggled to find the meeting point on previous rides, this is the streetview you’re looking for

http://lyxus.net/gyja

Note the green fingerpost sign pointing to roman lakes. The postcode for that sign is SK6 7DF. At least one person has said that he’ll be parking up at the top of the hill near that sign and riding down to the Lakes, as the road is in pretty poor shape to be frank. I’ll be riding down so I don’t mind

I might even bring the tandem out. Will see how things go

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Sounds perfect I’m two minutes up the road in hazel grove.

D0NK

As usual, you can spout all you want about dates and routes, but the date is fixed and I’ll be deciding the route, so save your breath

That’s how to organise a ride 🙂

Pook

I can’t come!

portlyone

Had thought about a road ride but might come along as a back marker!

Bunnyhop

Looking forward to this.

Pook – Member
    I can’t come!

🙁

thepodge
    Free Member

Already got riding plans for Friday & Saturday due to a mate staying over so I’ll not be on this either

steel4real
    Free Member

Will advise on friday but unless doing DH will be looking to do this 🙂

B’hop – has your wrist fully recovered, and will you be riding ??

crazy-legs

Suitable bike for use in the Roman Lakes at the moment:

solarpowered
    Free Member

Bum! Can’t do 🙁
    Have fun though!!

Naranjada
    Free Member

Hooray!!

All being well, I’ll be there.

brokensoul
    Free Member

Working. 🙁

Bunnyhop

B’hop – has your wrist fully recovered, and will you be riding ??

Yep riding again thanks, very slowly and cautious though as it’s still a bit achy and I’m a wuss (arm not wrist).

PaulMc
    Free Member

I won’t be there and TBH I don’t care. My legs are shot anyway. Enjoy the wind/mud/rain. I’ll settle for blue skies, sun and deep fresh powder 😀

PaulMc
    Free Member

Oh, and this Mont Blanc Blonde beer is going down a treat. Raclette for dinner. Yummmm.

nbt

I can but salute you on your luck, sir. Given the choice, I’d choose to be by your side also 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I might break out my 650niner for this one…

PaulMc
    Free Member

Would join you if I could Jules but we won’t get back until very late Sunday. Must get out soon for a Thursday ride.

Sandwich

Damn, working. You’ll have to do without cake from the mystic East.

nbt

Bump for the morning crowd

Bregante

Hopefully me +1 will be there.

nbt

this is looking much more manageable in terms of group size 🙂

Sandwich

we had FIFTY-TWO people turn up.

You say that like it’s a bad thing. 🙂

nbt

You try organising that many! It was challenging 🙂

MrNice
    Free Member

I will hopefully turn up. I went somewhere quiet the day of the last pootle (30 something the time before was enough) but if the bike is working and I can get out of bed on time…

dawson

Drat! got friends visiting on Saturday, so can’t make this.

steel4real
    Free Member

Doh! – I’m out 🙁

Had to try and keep everyone happy and find time to finish some half arsed decorating !

nbt

Forecast is dry and a reasonable 8 dec C, route is pretty weather-proof. last bump just in case anyone’s wondering about riding somewhere new tomorrow

Bregante

I’m in. See you there.

Bregante

Well what a great day for it. Lovely weather, good company and dry dusty all weather trails!

*one of the above may not be true.

Cheers everyone.

nbt

cracking ride. knackered now.

MartynS

Knackered, had snooze, all’s good now, even cleaned the bike!

Bregante

I just dusted mine down 🙂

Chew
    Free Member

Good to see everyone again. I’ll pull my finger out and get something organised my way soon.

MrNice
    Free Member

another happy and tired here. The washing machine has been loaded but bike cleaning will have to wait until the morning after I prioritized watching the rugby (aka a bit of a lie-down in front of the tv).

I will also try to organize something in my neck of the woods if it ever dries out

Pook

Ah lovely. There will be another pootle soon. Thanks for keeping the flag flying jules

Bunnyhop

T’was very enjoyable indeed, thanks to ‘Team Pootle’ tm.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Kommen sie, um den blitz pootle. (Sat 22 feb)’ is closed to new replies.