Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Photo of a cheque. ..
  • crikey
    Free Member

The delay isn’t in the presentation of the cheque, it’s in the way the banks deal with the thing, so how does me taking a picture improve anything?

Muppetry.

…oh, yes I forgot, nobody uses cheques these days anyway…

scotroutes

Because the current system involves passing bit of paper around the country between banks, clearing houses and processing centres.

kayak23

Tiger could have that banked sitting in the 19th hole bless him..

crikey
    Free Member

So send the photo …from the bank…

Bankers, really?

Stoner
    Free Member

It’s not about the clearing process but the requirement of physically presenting the cheque at a branch.

Jamie
    Free Member

I imagine for those with either no local branch, or time to get the bank, it will be quite handy.

This all seems a bit Daily Mail outrage….

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Since the local branch closed this year, my nearest branch is 20 miles away. This is quite welcome.
    Right now I have to post them off, which adds an extra day to an already slow process.

crikey
    Free Member

I haven’t written a cheque for 3 or 4 years, is thos honestly the future?

Superficial
    Free Member

Seriously? I often wait months until I get a chance to go to a bank to cash cheques. Everything else is done online, and there is no other reason for me to need to go into a branch. Putting aside the concept of paper cheques being ridiculously outmoded in (nearly) 2014, this is an excellent development.

EDIT: You can post cheques? Well, that would save a significant amount of time I guess. But it adds another ridiculously-antiquated (and unreliable) organisation into the mix – Royal Mail.

oldnpastit

What stops someone just photoshopping cheques?

Jamie
    Free Member

I haven’t written a cheque for 3 or 4 years, is thos honestly the future?

So this grump is based on the fact one proposed change in the banking system, is not tailored for yourself, crikey?

Seems legit…

mrmo
    Free Member

get cheques most months, if it speeds things up all the better.

You know that some people aren’t too keen on internet banking, and what happens when you can’t get cash because the network has failed?

It happens

http://www.computerweekly.com/opinion/HBOS-power-failure-highlights-importance-of-business-continuity-planning

crikey
    Free Member

Oooh, OK.

The usage of cheques has fallen by 70% since 1990, and apparently a further 40% fall is expected in the next 5 years, but if taking pictures of paper is your thing, with all the attendant security problems, then in the words of Mr Burns, be my guest.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

The future is bitcoin from one wallet to another in seconds with no transaction charges for the banksters.

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m a banker

edward2000
    Free Member

It’s true, I once went banking

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Photo of a cheque. ..’ is closed to new replies.