Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Know thy neighbour's debt
  • nick1962
    Free Member

What this country really needs right now is a government backed housing bubble to sort this debt mess out.

peterfile
    Free Member

I think people are confusing “no debt” with “no one has used this particular company to resolve problems with their debt”

footflaps

It’s interesting, but not really all that informative – this is only people who are in such bad shape that they have to go to this company for help. In Bearsden, population 28,000, that’s 135 people.

Payplan is the biggest debt plan company, mainly as it’s completely free and supported by all the banks / credit card companies (and CAB) who pay it’s running costs. So it will cover a fair chunk of total debt in plans. Obviously there are loads of sharks out there offering the same service but with a huge up front fee included (to add to the debt).

Ambrose

23 people owing 1.2 million in my area of Carmarthenshire. I don’t know if this is good or bad. What I think is good though is the number of skips appearing outside of peoples houses- they are feeling confident enough to get building/ renovating.

footflaps

What I think is good though is the number of skips appearing outside of peoples houses

I thought you were going to say being evicted!

Trimix
    Free Member

Sadly all governments think they need to fuel growth with debt, so the cycle will continue. Seems to be the only plan they have.

Meanwhile the economy is global, banking control and tax is national.

Then they moan that banks dont lend, but why should they lend if the business plan dosent stack up.

Mortgages will be handed down from parents to kids soon as the terms will have to get longer and longer.

Short term head in the sand politics.

footflaps

The purpose of politicians is to get re-elected, hence Osbourne’s insane house price inflation government backed over committed mortgage plan. Just keep prices up till the next election, then it can all crash again and they’ll still blame Labour for it!

mudshark
    Free Member

1 person, £200k…Oh flip, it’s the wife.

tonyg2003

96 people and £9.6M here. I presume that this is not mortgage based debt. So £100K per person. I can believe it around here.

will
    Free Member

712 people
    £52.5 million.

😯

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well the circle they drew on the map for my postcode didn’t include my house…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Is this just PayPal or overall debt?

footflaps
    Swelper
    Free Member

186 households. £12.7 million

mightymule
    Free Member

176, owing 11.5 million.

It’s grim ooop north.

matt_outandabout

4 owe £380k here. Dunblane is a place of big money in more than one way…

somafunk

Now’t in my postcode DG6 or any in the surrounding area outside it.

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Total people advised 959
    Total value of new debts £75,149,066.00
    Average debt per person (secured & unsecured) £78,361.90

eruptron
    Free Member

We’re all debt free on the Isle Of Man 8)

DT78
    Free Member

272 households owing £18.5m here in Southampton eek. 🙁

stufive
    Free Member

only 6 here £186000

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Know thy neighbour's debt’ is closed to new replies.