Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kickr Owners
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Evening all,

Had my Kickr a week now and I’m wondering if this sounds normal…

When spinning at really high RPM there is a fair amount of vibration that can be felt through the bike and it amplifys on our wooden floor quite loudly. Almost like the flywheel isn’t completely balanced.

Is this normal? Or can someone confirm theirs is smooth as butter?

djflexure

Does not sound right. Cant say I’ve noticed any vibration through the bike.

Is it sat level?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Yep it’s definitely level. It’s currently on a thin rug on a wooden floor.

I’ve e-mailed wiggle.

DT78
    Free Member

Nope not here. What position are you using the legs in? And have you definitely wound the feet out to the right point? I’ve found my kitchen floor isn’t level so unless I get it in exactly the same spot I have to adjust each time

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Just spun it up to super sonic a second ago (lowest resistance!) and there is defiantly a pretty pronounced wobble / vibration to be felt through the bike. Also sounds pretty loud against the floor.

Strange thing is, if i hop off it whilst is spinning fast and touch the legs with my hand, it feels fine?! Legs definitely straight and spirit level confirmed!

Might just be in my head…

Ill keep an eye on it.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

In fact just noticed some play in the little circular metal piece that sits parallel to the flywheel.

You can rock it backwards and forwards a few millimetres. Anyone else’s do this?

Just found this on youtube. Same as mine

DT78
    Free Member

Just checked mine does that. It isn’t “angular” play it is fore and back, bit like you get on a freehub before engagement in my opinion. Be interested if you find out otherwise.

DT78
    Free Member

The legs have 2 positions, I take it you are using the first position it clicks into? So it looks like and arrow not a Y if that makes sense

crazybaboon

My kickr also has fore and back movement in that part, but is quiet, and has been the same for nearly a year now

IanMunro
    Free Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYqGwHPrKo
    That vid is normal.
    They’re not quiet at high speed, but should be smooth.

Could be a loose pivot bolt though – see trouble shooting below.

http://www.zwiftreview.com/articles/kickr-the-ultimate-zwift-experience

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just checked mine. It has the for-aft motion but doesn’t exhibit any vibration during use. I guess the problem must be something else.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kickr Owners’ is closed to new replies.