Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Kenda 8 block tyres
  • rainbow
    Free Member

Would Kenda 8 block tyres will be ok and suitable for winter riding, like wet root/rocks and mud?

Any experience?

uplink
    Free Member

Small Block 8s?

Not normally winter tyres TBH – you may get away with one on the back but not the front

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Definitely not any good in muddy conditions or wet conditions. Very fast in the dry though. Raced on them in the dry successfully, failed horribly in the wet on them too, they’re definitely a dry condition tyre (which is what they’re sold as)

mudpup
    Free Member

Is this a troll???????????/

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

No mate. Not if you want any grip at all in soft conditions.

For our area it’s best to get something with fairly tall, widely spaced nobs that you can run at low pressures so they flex and shed mud. I’m using a medium compound Maxxis swampthing on the back at 26 psi and I can actually climb muddy trails no problem (apart from the usual wheezing) 🙂

Napalm
    Free Member

No good in the wet & useless in mud. Try Mountain Kings instead.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Napalm, I had MK’s on for a while then I tried Maxxis HR’s. The difference was truly fantastic in mud, would never go back and now Maxxis are my favourite tyres. I do like Panaracer Fire XC Pro’s too though, equally as good but slimmer (2.1) – maybe even better as they cut through mud. I’d recommend you swap if possible.

rainbow
    Free Member

Thanks for the answers, will avoid Kenda tyres for winter riding.

@mudpup, the reason I asked that the winter is coming and I will be riding most on the road on my MTB with a few quick blast at local woods in my area so I ask for advice, so calm down boy 🙄

takisawa2

Ace in the summer but no, show them a root & you’ll be on your backside pretty quickly. Nevegal / Blue Groove are ok though, but bit old hat nowadays. Maxis Minions look very good.

Northwind

rainbow – Member

Thanks for the answers, will avoid Kenda tyres for winter riding.

They do make more than one sort of tyre.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Then I would definitely get some slicks for road and just swap for a proper grippy tyres when you fancy a play in the woods. Mind you I bumped into cando David today riding stuff that scares me on his singular swift shod in summer tyres, maxxis aspen 29s I think.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Kenda 8 block tyres’ is closed to new replies.