Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • Just joined the Green Party – feelis like a weight has lifted
  • chewkw
    Free Member

teamhurtmore – Member

Retire handsomely? They do indeed

Yes, they do.

He started age 16 as career politician …

Therefore, be a career politician to have big house and good retirement … errhh … hang on I am in wrong “career”.

😆

nickc – Member
    please stop with the zombie thing, it’s getting tedious now

The term is as it is, i.e. tedious, as that is the nature to describe those people. 🙄

ninfan
    Free Member

Bastard Tories, retiring rich like that when poor old Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have had to keep on working after the end of their parliamentary careers…

jamj1974

The Green’s are more attractive than any other party right now…

nickc

The term is as it is, i.e. tedious, as that is the nature to describe those people.

I think you may have done the point to death, time to change the record perhaps?

chewkw
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Bastard Tories, retiring rich like that when poor old Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have had to keep on working after the end of their parliamentary careers…

I voted for Tony Blair because of his grin and because he was so difficult to “nail” down by PM Cameron during PM Q time. Then I voted for Cameron because Gordon could not “nail” him. Now, I have voted for Farage (not him directly) because nobody has not been able to “nail” him down yet.

Therefore, those that cannot be “nailed” shall be PM. Logical? 😆

nickc – Member
    I think you may have done the point to death, time to change the record perhaps?

Ok, I shall stop the use that term on this thread for you but you are making my simple brain hurts to think of alternative terms. 🙄

nickc

nifan I do find your adherence to the idea that there’s some sort of ideological difference between Labour and tories, utterly charming, please promise never to stop

nickc

chewkw,

it’s become a sort of tedious old relative who repeats the same tired old joke every time one visits, even though it wasn’t particularly funny the first time around, and has become just more and more threadbare with each airing, I am afraid at some point it will become so see-through, your fundamentals will be on view for all to see, point and laugh at, and no one wants that do they? It’s unseemly

chewkw
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    … your fundamentals will be on view for all to see, point and laugh at, and no one wants that do they? It’s unseemly

I don’t understand.

I don’t even know I have fundamentals to be known of but I like to have absolute power absolutely totally with no challenge. I decide mankind. 😀 (posted this without seeing JY response … you guys are getting serious aren’t you … d’oh!)

Could you let me know what have you found out about my fundamentals? Just curious.

Junkyard
    Free Member

EDIT mm 37 seconds to late for that appeal then …returns to not reading chewkw posts

+1
    What i find strange is that every now and again you do a serious posts and it is clear you do not struggle to make sense or cogent points and are actually quite bright.

I dont understand why you do this confusing patois.
    Please stop as, tbh, I just skim your posts these days

chewkw
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

+1
    What i find strange is that every now and again you do a serious posts and it is clear you do not struggle to make sense or cogent points and are actually quite bright.

I dont understand why you do this confusing patois.
    Please stop as, tbh, I just skim your posts these days

I see … 😛

If it is time to be serious I get serious especially the response to individual.

Otherwise, I see the funny side of things especially political debate, the funniest thing of all, as I really cannot get serious with people and power.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Otherwise, I see the funny side of things

Feel free to share it with us sometime. Otherwise face up to Magnum 23. Or Glück 34.

chewkw
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

Otherwise, I see the funny side of things

Feel free to share it with us sometime. Otherwise face up to Magnum 23. Or Glück 34. [/quote]

😆 That’s good make me laugh. Really. You are catching on. Well done.

The Dirty Harry version of Magnum is difficult to get but the 6 inches version easier. Good gun. I like.

As for the “Gluck” I like them all. Very good stuff from Austria even the British Special Force use them … ya, made in Austria not UK coz you don’t have good gun manufacturer anymore. 😆

wilburt
    Free Member

There are Green policies that seem unworkable but they will evolve as the party gets more support and I really don’t undestand this waste vote principle in safe seats, that principle would lead you to never vote for anyone.

You may not feel able to make the right choice everyday (it’s not the human condition) but you can for a few seconds in the voting booth.

allthepies
    Free Member

Is that a knockoff Glock.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sorry, think I meant Glïck.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I see the Greens as a sort of political tool. A large support for the Greens would, hopefully, kick Labour into touch and do for them what UKIP has done for the Conservatives- get them closer to their core values.

However, while I support the general Green ethos I’ll not be voting for them next time round. First we need a party that has at least a nod to left wing reasonableness rather than right wing selfishness in government. The Conservatives will probably get further right wing given the upswell in support for UKIP and may well win the next election. For me as a lefty voting Labour in the next election is the way to start reeling in the Conservatives, then when Labour are in power safely I’ll probably switch to Green. If there is a large amount of support for the Greens while Labour is in power my hope is that this will make Labour more left wing.

The likelihood of all that happening, I realise, is slim, since apparently immigrants and polar bears are all utter bastards according to the bulk of the voting public.

I also have major issues with the Green’s lack of support for nuclear power, the short term answer for a lot of the environment’s problems until an alternative is found, and their stance of a lot of scientific research is very backward.

chiefgrooveguru

We have the lone Green MP and a Green council in Brighton and some of the worst recycling rates in the UK.

footflaps

But why do you need to become a member?
    You have not answered my question but rather explain about their ability.

Donating / joining a political party is no different to why you might chose to join / donate to a charity, because you want to help them achieve their goals.

You might not like poverty or homelessness and think it’s a bad idea, so you could donate to Shelter or donate / join a political party which cares about the poor (although in the UK you’d struggle to find one as the Thatcher/Blair legacy is one of unbridled personal greed).

julianwilson
    Free Member

Chiefgrooveguru, IANAB*, but i have some family/inlaws who work in refuse/recycling in brighton, from what they tell me it would seem to be more a case of Brighton&Hove being a lot more honest about what they can and do genuinely recycle than we hear from more optimistic local authorities.
    (*I Am Not A Binman)

MrNice
    Free Member

I have voted for all of them in the past from Lib Dem, Green, Labour, Tory to UKIP.

what criteria do you use to cast your vote when at different times you’ve voted for sandal-wearing guardianistas, tree-huggers, trade unionists, exploiters of the poor, and xenophobes? Do you just roll a dice? And who will be next to benefit from your well-chosen vote?

Lifer
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member

“If there was an anti HS2 party I’d vote for them, surprised that hasn’t been organised, would make a right mess of the Tory vote along the route”

UKIP are anti HS2

As are Green.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well I suppose if you’re interested in financing the country by tending the Free Money Tree, the Greens are as good as any other economically incompetent wastes of space.

Balls, for instance.

Although I haven’t heard even THAT numbskull advocate encouraging starvation by denying access to growing GM crops.

cranberry
    Free Member

JulianWilson – can your family confirm this:

“the main reason they look likely to lose power in May is Brighton’s appalling refuse collection. After an awful bin men’s strike, residents lost faith in recycling, shoving rubbish in any old thing. The Greens promised a 70 per cent recycling rate but the actual figure of 26 per cent makes Brighton 302nd out of 326 local councils.”

from http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article4323589.ece

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I wish they had a box to tick on the ballot paper that said:

I want to vote, I want my vote counted but I also don’t wont to vote for the above numpties.

Sadly I suspect that would never happen as the non vote party would sweep to victory in the blink of an eye.

DaRC_L

We have the lone Green MP and a Green council in Brighton and some of the worst recycling rates in the UK.

Doesn’t that suggest that given Brighton’s urban environment and recent sarf sarf London status a lot of the residents just don’t recycle.

miketually
    Free Member

I see the Greens as a sort of political tool. A large support for the Greens would, hopefully, kick Labour into touch and do for them what UKIP has done for the Conservatives- get them closer to their core values.

That pretty much sums up my feelings, as quoted in the OP.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Watermelons and zombie maggots 😈

MrNice
    Free Member

I wish they had a box to tick on the ballot paper that said:

I want to vote, I want my vote counted but I also don’t wont to vote for the above numpties.

spoil your ballot paper? doesn’t really say what you want but it’s the only way to “vote” without actually voting for someone

scandal42
    Free Member

CY580 The Green Party will extend the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 to provide wider public access such as that granted in Scotland by the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003. Access Authorities will ensure that the law is properly implemented. Public access to woods and plantations will be protected (see above).

yunki
    Free Member

Mr Poppet – could you be slightly more specific in what you’re alluding to with your money tree comment..
    I posted a link to the Greens policies on the previous page.. Do you think you could point out which policies in particular have led you to your conclusion?
    I’m trying pretty hard to collate enough info to enable me to vote responsibly and I’m guessing you’re pretty well clued up to be able to assert such a damning condemnation..

Lifer
    Free Member

Something about lentils?

wilburt
    Free Member

There should be a matrix of party policy v key issues- blue,red,yellow,green,purple? on the y axis, nhs, environment, education, transport, immigration, tax etc on the x axis.

Keep it simple, everyone would vote.

MoreCashThanDash

Anti HS2 and for greater access to the countryside?

Bet we haven’t got a Green candidate though?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

I vote for the party I think will be best for the country based on their policies, leadership and ability to deliver. Even with good policies if they are led by an charismatic or incompetent leader, lack the size and expertise to govern then they are never going to deliver any significant change or benefit

ransos
    Free Member

On the other hand you’ve substantially reduced the amount of waste you send to landfill, so I wouldn’t be too hasty to draw conclusions either way about the Green’s performance.

One other point to note is that they don’t have an overall majority. We had a similar situation here in Bristol a few years back and it was total chaos – Labour and Tories would join forces to vote down the Lib Dems (who were the largest party)

kimbers

id vote green if their science policies; animal testing, gmo and nuclear werent so backwards

egb81
    Free Member

id vote green if their science policies; animal testing, gmo and nuclear werent so backwards

No party is perfect but I’d rather a dodgy policy on GMO and nuclear power than the neo-liberal shower offered from the other main parties. The faults of the Greens are minor when compared to the ‘carry on as normal as we’ve learned exactly nothing from recent economic clusterf**k’ policies of Labour/Conservative/Lib Dems and the ‘forward to the 1930s’ drivel of UKIP.

Lifer
    Free Member

+1

g5604
    Free Member

Lot of sensible polices:

– End the war on drugs
    – Rent controls
    – Minimum military intervention
    – Maximising the quantity and quality of all forests
    – Energy security with local supply

MoreCashThanDash

Rent control as well?

My job would be secure if the Greens get in. Suspect that the cost fuel may make property inspections prohibitively expensive though.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘Just joined the Green Party – feelis like a weight has lifted’ is closed to new replies.