Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Just had a Goshawk flying round the garden
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

Never seen one before – but checked it out in the book and listened to MP3 of call and that’s all it could be – could hear it’s other half in the woods too.

slowjo
    Free Member

That’s cool! I have some very active sparrow hawks in my garden but never a goshawk!

carlosg
    Free Member

Amazing creatures , did you see this when it was posted –>
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/entertainment-goshawk-in-a-wee-space

No birds of prey in my garden for a the last few weeks , we regularly get to see red kites and sparrrowhawks. Just small birds ,we were watching the chaffinches and long tailed tits this afternoon.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

did you see this when it was posted –>

Thanks I hadn’t seen that before. Yep, pretty amazing 🙂

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Just seen that on the other thread – if I were a Falconer that’s definitely the bird I’d have.

chewkw
    Free Member

Was going to post a thread yesterday about a particular bird of prey in garden too.

But mine is lot smaller because it is Sparrowhawk.

I was checking my car in the courtyard when heard some birds “fighting” but never gave notice because plenty of wood pigeons and magpies around in my areas … by the time I noticed one bird being pinned down I looked closer only to identify it as a bird of prey and a pretty small one. The prey was apparently a small juvenile wood pigeon (looked like wood pigeon anyway). It was plucking away it’s feathers and later on tearing flesh from its back …

Searched the net and it has been identified as a Sparrowhawk … beautiful bird.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Just had a Goshawk flying round the garden’ is closed to new replies.