• This topic has 111 replies, 85 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Mark.
Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • Just been stung for 2k by foum user
  • legend
    Free Member

3 pages and no

yet??

paddy0091
    Free Member

take it here: Carbon Frame Repairs

honourablegeorge

edlong – Member

Why do they allow activity that is clearly in blatant contravention of the “rules”?

Presumably they don’t have the time or money to have someone working full time to monitor them.

I don’t get this “so many horror stories” thing. I see the odd issue, but there must be thousands of items sold on here without issue, and anyone I’ve dealt with on there has been polite to a fault.

druidh
    Free Member

Email and ask them? As you say, there is very definitely a “blind eye” turned towards a few regular sellers, one of whom I have reported on numerous occasions with no action being taken.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I am sure that a great number of posters on this forum have handles on the side of their head. What kind of mug buys something for £2000 off the classifieds on an internet forum without having a look at the thing first?

jimmy

iamnotamused +1

Looks more cosmetic in my non-expert opinion, but the attitude is rubbish and deserves being dragged through it for that alone.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just get Realman to flog it on for you… 😉

wavejumper
    Free Member

– Head on a stick.
    – Cows head in the post.
    – Pi$$ through the letterbox.
    – Inflict shame on his family through facebook and work colleagues over the phone.

I’d say all of the above and he may get the message!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Is it really that bad? There’s a way of using a bolt and 2 nuts that you can pull loose bosses back in nice and tight. There’s also the correct tool for the job but it’s going to be a bit trickier to get a hold of one (or someone with one to do it for you)

It’s not like the frame has failed, it’s movement at the boss and the paint has fractured. It’s probably likely that 90% of those frames will show the same problem!

I would look into getting the bosses nipped up if poss and accept that the paint fractures. I would also ask for a bit of compensation from the seller as ‘vgc’ does not describe what you have shown us.. although after this thread,I don’t think he’s going to be willing to throw you £50 quid towards getting it sorted :O/

patriotpro
    Free Member

yunki – Member
    a mate of mine did this once..

the heavies demanded cash in advance, when he met them to pay, they took his money and shattered his jaw..

he looked like predator..

Did your mate get some heavies to get the heavies or did he just ‘suck it up’?

xiphon
    Free Member

glupton1976 – I agree 100%!!

For the cost of a train ticket/fuel for the car, you could see it in the flesh.

I’d do that for a £400 bike…

Jamie
    Free Member

I am not sure what the solution is tbh but this will keep happening…if only stw towers felt as strongly about this as they did about TJ.

I got ban hammered for stating something similar…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ah bugger 😥

xiphon
    Free Member

The solution is quite simple, which I’m sure even the Audi-driving, Orange-riding IT managers can understand…

Don’t send some anonymous bloke on the internet £2000 based on some photos, when for not much money you can pick it up in person..

Stupidity at its finest!

Jamie
    Free Member

Admittedly, I was a bit more vitriolic, JY.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Could you now just say you deserved it and I dont ?

pjm84
    Free Member

I’ve broken more carbon bikes then I care to mention and currently looking at the picture I would have to say that wouldn’t concern me.

The insert will be aluminium into a carbon frame. Probably bonded and this may have failed or a crack occured due to flex.

Jamie
    Free Member

To be honest, Junkyard, I totally deserved it. Whereas you don’t.

Junkyard
    Free Member

These are not the droids you are looking for 😀

Northwind

I don’t think the damage would concern me but getting a damaged frame after paying for a “very good condition” frame would.

dekadanse
    Free Member

Agreed with all the comments about Mr D being a low down dirty scumbag etc (in all the posts of his that I can remember he’s always very brusque and ‘man in a hurry’ish), but I also think half the Cannondale carbon frames knocking aroung have similar hairline cracks, and most of them are more cosmetic than structural. But to put your mind at rest, there’s a really good carbon frame repairers near Derby (CBS, I think) who will give you an opinion and repair expertly if necessary. Prices look good too. Haven’t used them yet myself, but a friend has recommended them.

Worth a try?

clubber
    Free Member

OP, you might want a look in the classifieds…

Jamie
    Free Member

These are not the droids you are looking for

Seems to be. You would think a post with such an emotive topic heading as this one, would grab a mods/admins attention.

hora
    Free Member

Speak to the manufacturer
    He sold you an obviously faulty ite. Kept all correspondance? I will be corrected on the terminology but I think you have a legal angle still.

For £100 loss I would travel. Principal. Or invest that money in legal recovery.

Its easy how to find his address. If hes a student, his parents who you contact.

Jamie
    Free Member

I didn’t think that last post would have long to live.

Modz be modding.

shotsaway
    Free Member

He is after some Maxxis UST tyres and a new bike (well he has some cash to spare).

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wtd-full-suss-mtb-26-or-29er-1

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/wtd-maxxis-ust-tyres

Maybe you could and try to scam him back?

big-barker
    Free Member

The seller side now.
    I take very good care of my bike and this was my pride i polished after every ride and have never seen and marks like this.
    I never said its your problem deal with it but the bike was sent in perfect condition. We dont even no if its a crack in the frame or just a cack in the paint.
    In my eyes it wasent there when posted so unless its happened in transit who knows.
    The bike was insured for £2k when posted which iam happy to help him try and claim.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Fair enough response

Nomad
    Free Member

The bike was insured for £2k when posted which iam happy to help him try and claim.

Your obligation as a seller is to refund first and then claim. It’s your postal insurance!

bruneep

Coffee anyone?

Jamie
    Free Member

The seller side now.
    I take very good care of my bike and this was my pride i polished after every ride and have never seen and marks like this.
    I never said its your problem deal with it but the bike was sent in perfect condition. We dont even no if its a crack in the frame or just a cack in the paint.
    In my eyes it wasent there when posted so unless its happened in transit who knows.

Just to get it out of the way, if the emails from the seller were like the above. I’m not sure if i would have sent £2, let alone £2k.

Moving on….

Mark

Due to the quantity of modding we’ve had to do on this thread from removing ‘peado’ comments to threats of beatings with baseball bats this thread is now closed. If you want to discuss issues around the classifieds then try and do so without resorting to threats of violence or reference to anyone’s sexuality.

On another note we have noted many of the comments about the classifieds and we do take it seriously when things seem to go wrong. The classifieds is the most moderated part of the forum but much of that is invisible with communication from mods going directly to the users concerned. What we can’t do however is become a classifieds arbitration service. Also the suggestion that alleged poor sellers are banned is often counterproductive as it removes the right of reply that in many cases the seller wants. We spot a lot of traders and we deal with them through the moderation system but like the main forum here we also need the community’s help to report them as we can’t spit them all ourselves. No report goes univestigated.

I will finally reiterate what has been said on this thread earlier. The classifieds forum gets thousands of posts a day and in the last few months tens of thousands of trades have taken place happily and amicably where both sides of the transaction take sensible steps to make sure they trade safely. Problems are rare and bad trades few in relation to the number that take place successfully.

If you buy or sell from the forum then make sure you have taken the same sensible precaution s you would with any classified system. Don’t accept a request to pay by PayPal gift unless you know who you are dealing with. PayPal offer a basic refund/dispute resolution system for bad sales but not where PayPal gift has been used for a sale.

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘Just been stung for 2k by foum user’ is closed to new replies.