Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jump / Pump Track bike
  • growinglad
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

I’ve recently been taking my boys to a local pump track which also has quite a few table top jumps. I can get around it on my full susser, but I notice that I loose quite a bit of speed (when just trying to pump my way around the track) and although I’m getting the jumps in, due to the full suss compression and the tightness of the track I’m loosing momentum and not getting quite the air I’d like.

I’m toying with the idea of either buying a cheapish bike for pump track/jumping. Or seeing if I can find a frame that I can set up as single speed, use some spare bits including forks that I have laying around and build something up.

But I have zero idea about jump/pump track bikes and the quick look I’ve had on some of the online shops for ideas hasn’t turned much up?

Any sites to recommend where I can read up and bit more and understand what things to bear in mind, or be able to check out prices of bikes/frames?

Cheers,

GL

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Gumtree for something second hand? BMX might be a good shout too, I’m considering a cheap BMX for the same use.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Been lusting after a 26player myself (rorschachs link). Ideal pump/jump bike. Rode my mates at Redhill Extreme last year, it was bl88dy brilliant. Or you could just get a second-hand BMX for pump tracks etc. but they aren’t as versatile as a bigger wheeled dirt jump bike.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What’s a good BMX then?

I only wnet and built a bloody pump track and have nothing to ride it on other than a full sus 29er

scaled
    Free Member

Just seen this on my facebook from vitalmtb:

http://www.vitalmtb.com/community/qblambda,44173/setup,34337

I think i’m in love

wilko1999
    Free Member

Drool ^

davosaurusrex

My word that’s lovely. Is it £99.99? Please let it be £99.99

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i use my ragley piglet 2. just get something cheap and not to. xc focused and you are all good

pigyn
    Free Member

To go to the new edinburgh pump track?? We have Transition BLT frames for £100 off or NS full bikes from £600. I got an NS.

Come and see us at planet pedals if you are local! The pump track is ace

growinglad
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info guys….sorry for not getting back sooner…been nose to the grind stone today…………

oh my….

I’ve been riding since a small lad…a couple of years ago I was lucky enough to get a Tripster ATR (which is Ti)…….my word, what a material…I always like riding my bike…but Ti…it’s something else….plus that bike looks the bee’s knees!!

Thanks for all the words of wisdom, I’ll check things out over the weekend and start to gain a bit of knowledge on the jump bike scene.

Must admit, the old, pump track, jump area, pays off. Went out on one of our local downhill routes yesterday and noticed finally…finally, i’m starting to enjoy flying through the air….it was a lot more controlled.

theraggyone
    Free Member

Pump tracks are awesome. I built a dartmoor hornet 4x for pump track, duel slalom ,4x and just messing about in the woods. These types of bike are so much fun.

I have just uploaded these images:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jump / Pump Track bike’ is closed to new replies.