Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Juiceing is it a good way to lose weight quickly
  • trout
    Free Member

OK will try and find some yummy meadow grass away from the dog walking routes .
    but dont want the moobs lactating

uplink
    Free Member

yummy meadow grass away from the dog walking routes

That would be the last place I’d get it from

firestarter
    Free Member

i juiced some sprouts once for some reason and it burnt my throat to bits took ages to stop it stinging lol

trout
    Free Member

Does Beer and wine come under the juice banner

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Does Beer and wine come under the juice banner

put some lard in there too for extra texture…

genesis
    Free Member

Tbh the biggest difference I found was cutting out junk food, my local kebab shop owner commented the other day ‘he hadn’t seen me for a while -mate’! And cutting out bread as well as trimming down my booze intake, elevated my riding a little and lost 9lbs in 3months down to 13.8st and a bmi of 23, I’m 6ft4in and 35.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Juiceing will not make you lose weight!!

OH, AND IT’S LOSE…NOT LOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😈

Juice just concentrates the sugars…it processes food…processed food makes you fat!!!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Juice just concentrates the sugars…it processes food…processed food makes you fat!!!

no, no and no. Homogenising is not concentration. Processing is usually taken to mean cooking, denaturing or adulterating, which it isn’t. All food except perhaps lettuce makes you fat.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Sorry Simon…you are WRONG!!!!!!!!!!

Anything done to a food before it is eaten is “processing”.
    When you juice you remove all the fibre etc. and just leave concentrated sugars.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Depends how you look at it. The sugars in the juice aren’t any more concentrated in terms of grams per ml of liquid but they are if you measure their concentration as a weight percent of the total plant matter because you’ve removed the weight of the fibre. However unless you are going to take advantage of that lack of bulk by drinking more juice than you would if the plant was just pulped then I don’t think your calorie intake will be increased.

matt_bl
    Free Member

simonfbarnes – Member

no, no and no. Homogenising is not concentration. Processing is usually taken to mean cooking, denaturing or adulterating, which it isn’t. All food except perhaps lettuce makes you fat.

I don’t know anything about diets, but juicing is not homogenising, if anything it’s heterogenising (I’m hoping that’s a made up word).

Matt

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

When you juice you remove all the fibre etc. and just leave concentrated sugars.

sorry, I thought juice just meant ‘chop it up very fine’, are you saying it includes filtering ? I’m ignorant about this stuff, I just eat things.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I give up… 🙄

FoxyChick
    Free Member

If you eat an orange your body produces enough insulin to stabilize the sugars in one orange.

If you drink a glass of juiced oranges…(5 or 6?) your body produces enough insulin to stabilize the sugar in 5 or 6 oranges.

Half an hour later you then get a blood sugar low, because of the increased insulin. You then HAVE to eat…probably carbs…bread etc…

It’s not rocket science…but it IS science…

aracer
    Free Member

I’m ignorant about this stuff

Of course you are. Why else would you be commenting?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Half an hour later you then get a blood sugar low, because of the increased insulin. You then HAVE to eat…probably carbs…bread etc…

this makes me think several things:
    1) then don’t drink 5 oranges – your body can’t store vit C and doesn’t need that much
    2) have all those millions of years of evolution only produced an undamped first order systemic response to glucose ?
    3) after having all those oranges, isn’t it time for some proper food ?

rs
    Free Member

FC, you only gave up for five minutes 😆

FoxyChick
    Free Member

2) have all those millions of years of evolution only produced an undamped first order systemic response to glucose ?

Yes!

have all those millions of years of evolution only produced an undamped first order systemic response to a shapely thigh???

We are very simple beings…some simpler than others, it would seem! 😉

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

ooooh, shapely :o)

…what was that you were saying ??

FoxyChick
    Free Member

rs…you are very observant! 8)

I’ll leave simplesimon to his “ponderings” and head off for a bath.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and head off for a bath.

that’s it, stick the boot in!

trout
    Free Member

OK so ignoring the banter , and reading the posts and other sites , the general concensus is it aint gonna kill me and is better than what I have been eating which probably was going to kill me
    so will carry on with the fresh fruit and veg pre chewed and see what happens.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Foxy chick’s argument is that drinking five oranges worth of juice is a lot easier than having to eat five whole (or pulped) oranges to get that same amount of juice. Like sfb says just don’t drink five oranges worth of juice or stick to eating the whole fruit.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

uponthedowns…I never mentioned the word “easy”.

trout…do what the hell you like…why post a thread when you know all the answers? 😉

Jackrabbit
    Free Member

Fad diets + weight loss pills… is this what ST has come to?

trout
    Free Member

I am not sure where you get the idea I know the answers FC if I did then I would be rich. ( and thin )
    I posted at lunchtime as had just been given the said juicer and as I am out of work 😥 had all afternoon to Google and read this thread.

Thanks for your support 😐

genesis
    Free Member

YGM stick to it trout, like you say change for the better.

grumm
    Free Member

Anything done to a food before it is eaten is “processing”.

If you put a few pieces of fruit in a blender then eat everything that comes out, how is it any less nutritious than just eating the fruit whole?

psychle
    Free Member

that’d be pureeing, not juicing… right?

duffmiver
    Free Member

i thought juicing involved injecting the testosterone extracted from chilean bull sharks.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

A cardiologist friend advised me that the only people that should eat pasta are ultra endurance athletes

I think you should post his name, so real people can avoid this quack.

jimmy

I posted at lunchtime as had just been given the said juicer and as I am out of work

So try it out, write a blog on it and if it works sell it as the Troutjuicer diet. You’ll never need to work again. Oh, an I want a slice of the action £££ 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

has anyone posted this link yet?

click here for the boring stuff

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Juiceing is it a good way to lose weight quickly’ is closed to new replies.