Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Jon venables back in custody for breaching conditions
  • duckman

Can't be a great time for a mid-twenties,dark-haired scouser to be getting dubbed up,I would imagine you might have some explaining to do!

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

esselgrunt
    The case manager can make a judgement call on "appropriate behaviour". There are some specific conditions, but many are based on – is the behaviour appropriate or does it appear the person is likely to re-offend. Like I said, he is still technically in jail and can be recalled for any reason. If the Daily Mail starts a screaming campaign about the number of on licence crims stalking the streets of Middle England, a random number can be pulled in with no reason given. On licence offenders are not free people the way parolees are. Parolees have to be given a reason IIRC on licene don't

bernie
    Free Member

thats whats wrong with this country,civil rights and the protection of these shits,jon venables ,ian huntly and peter sutcliff too name but a few.where was there vitims civil rights ? and there families? this scum get banged up,then we have to pay for them ,all it takes is one injection ,and thats well worth the money.i personally would make them suffer buy letting them wait untill youve got enough positive evidence ,then out of the blue get rid off them!

anokdale
    Free Member

I find myself having no sympathy for this character, they both had an horrific start to life and from what i understand they had a better upbringing in custody than they would have had at home, the chap that joined the Army i believe is or was in the Medical Corp, he has made a go of his life but this JV had a chance and failed to take it. He is probably on a segregation wing but should natural justice occur then it is what it is.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

BigButSlimmer, cheers for that. I've only ever come into contact with re-calls who have breached licence conditions, didn't know offender managers could pull them in whenever. I think it's a good thing as it shows they're being monitored (ex cons & O/M's!)

zokes
    Free Member

they were little kids and were still learning the ropes.. they obviously had bad teachers..

Absolute bollocks. Kids, especially older ones, certainly know what's right and wrong when it comes to something as serious as what they did.

Nick

I don't quite understand why this had to be publicised, given that it was bound to create the kind of handwringing seen on this thread, if he's got a new identity then presumably he's John Smith, murderer, out on license, recalled because he breached his license terms, and only his parole officer and one or two others need know he is John Venables, he'll be held in a vunerable prisoners wing and probably on suicide watch, move on, nothing to see here, etc.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It really annoys me the naivety of some people who presume children do not know the right from wrong, my Autistic son aged 9 certainly does and always has, as does his older brother. I know it depends on their upbringing but Children know that it wrong to steal, Bully and defiantly kill. In fact its worse when a child commits such an act, as what hope is there for them then.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking – you miss the point. We simply do not know why he has been recalled and it could have been for something minor. We just don't know.

I've no idea why you think I'm missing the point that you've made several times, I'm well aware of it. What's the point you're trying to make?

And I can't be bothered looking, but whoever mentioned the terrible twos – I'm not sure it quite relates really, I mean generally a 2 year old will kick and bite (through not being able to communicate their anger etc) but I speculate that they are not trying to kill people for fun, or intending to cause serious harm for their own amusement. As I said earlier, most kids go through a phase of biting/hitting for entertainment, but I'm not sure its even remotely related to what occurred in their original case.

As flippinheckler says kids DO know right from wrong, we are all born with an inherent sense of "do unto others", we just learn we can get away with things when we're not punished for it.

westkipper
    Free Member

I'm not bothered by the guy being returned to the big hoose, but its interesting the naievity some of you have about kids behaviour. Lots of them are naturally boundary-pushing Amoral little s**ts.
    I'm fairly sure that some of the 'hang-em/flog-em' type parents on here will have little darlings, that, in the course of 'normal bullying' have gone at least 50% as far (but were lucky enough not to get caught) as the Bulger killers.

coffeeking
    Free Member

west kipper – not sure where you were brought up or what your kids friends are like. I lived in a relatively small village (5000 or so people) where everyone knew each other at least through someone else. It was an outrage and held up as a grave error when I lobbed a small motor (out of an RC car) at a friend in order to pretend I'd "ticked" him in a game of tag. I was almost expelled for punching someone in the face in self defence. Parents still comment on it today and point out I was not an angel. And it wasn't even meant with malice; trust me out of hundreds of kids through that school if that's the one that sticks in parents and teachers heads the average incident has to be fairly tame! When we moved to high school we met some seriously unpleasant individuals (tied cats to train tracks and set fire to them as trains came etc). They are mostly in prison now.

Parental interest in their kids is IMO possibly the biggest missing factor here, back then if you got into trouble at school you went home to a roasting and a grounding. These days parents of kids in the school go in to complain that their kid got into trouble, totally undermining the teachers and backing the kids up in their error. Its this attitude that leads to future problems.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

FFS, it's time to get on with your own life everybody, the do-gooder has won.
    We've allowed a drug culture to flourish, we've allowed junkies to breed like wildwire, we've allowed our police farce to spend most of their time doing paperwork, we've allowed thugs/dealers/human traffickers/paedophilia/immigrants to excel.

And if they get the Jail?
    We've allowed jails to become social gatherings for future projects(whilst not playing ds, ps, wii, telly, ipods, ect.)

What are the powers that be doing about it?
    still filling their own pockets cause none of it directly affects them.
    This country is F*cked because most of us are a selfish lot.

al_f
    Free Member

So what's your solution, steffy?

steffybhoy
    Free Member

I would only have the solution if I ruled the country, but I don't so my thoughts on the solution are meaningless here.

AL_F
    and the like minded, the country loves ya.

al_f
    Free Member

Ah, so you don't actually have any idea. Thought so.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Yes al_f, no idea.
    Wish I could always jump to fast conclusions like your good self.

curtisthecat
    Free Member

Steffy, So what is the problem with letting immigrants flourish? Or is that another one of your "ideas"?

br
    Free Member

Anyway, a child killing gay is going to be straight into solitary.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

So what is the problem with letting immigrants flourish? Or is that another one of your "ideas"?

No problem with them flourishing legally,it's the illegal stuff I was referring to and have a problem with.
    But you probably think we have a first class legal system that takes care of them just as well.

Edric64
    Free Member

If they had hanged the little bastard in the first place they would not have this problem now.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

Edric 64,

You should'nt have said that.
    The singletrack do-gooders will be along to educate/re-habilitate you just shortly.

mt
    Free Member

I do believe that this thread is about to change. Will that be tea or should I get a beer, hmm.

project
    Free Member

There will be a lot of people out there who know where he lives,his new name and occupation,let us hope they keep it to themselves,for the sake of all the vigalantee types that will now be looking for him.

What they did was wrong,and they got punished by the law of the land, which sometimes feels unfair to the victim and the families,along with concerned onlokers.

coffeeking
    Free Member

There will be a lot of people out there who know where he lives,his new name and occupation,let us hope they keep it to themselves,for the sake of all the vigalantee types that will now be looking for him.

Doubt it's an issue now, if he's been re-incarcerated.

steffybhoy
    Free Member

coffeeking wrote:
    Parental interest in their kids is IMO possibly the biggest missing factor here, back then if you got into trouble at school you went home to a roasting and a grounding. These days parents of kids in the school go in to complain that their kid got into trouble, totally undermining the teachers and backing the kids up in their error. Its this attitude that leads to future problems.

I could'nt agree more.

Northwind

"Well, after blowing a few hours reading that other thread on here about catching criminals in the act – and generally the plod not doing munch about it, good show that they've put this chap back behind bars."

This is the main thing, to me. People are blowing off about us being too soft, "the do-gooder has won.", probably the same people that went mental when he was released. But actually it's proof that the system works. This isn't a failure of the justice system, it's a success. I think it's a shame for him if he couldn't take the chance he was given but that's his issue, frankly I don't care that much but I do care that people can be given a chance, and that the process is out there to deal with that.

alpin
    Free Member

This country is F*cked because most of us are a selfish lot.

i'd say society as a whole is f*cked due to a universal selfishness and, worse still, greed.

all gone a bit Daily Mail, hasn't it?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Jon venables back in custody for breaching conditions’ is closed to new replies.