Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Jobs in Spain
  • kevonakona
    Free Member

Pretty happy in my present job but…….

Should i apply for one in Spain?

No more details, needed yes or no?

hels
    Free Member

Can’t answer that without more info, too many variables e.g. where in Spain, do you have wife/husband/family/dog how old are you and what is the job ??

If you are single it’s a cool job in the mountains then yes.

If you are not single then ask your wife not t’internet !

kevonakona
    Free Member

Teaching so holidays cool.

North of Valencia south of Castellon

Dog would be cool about it other half says yes.

I’ll rent you my flat in Edinburgh.

hels
    Free Member

I already have a flat in Edinburgh thanks !

I say do it then, it’s not the grot part of Spain and you can take the dog with right jags (takes 3 months tho as has to have 2 clear rabies tests 3 months apart)

bland

At least you know spain is 3rd world like and teh weathers good, the UK is pretty shit at the moment, so whats stopping you.

If you are agood teacher you will always get a job on return as most are just folk who didnt know what to do after uni and pretty rubbish i suspect

donsimon
    Free Member

Should i apply for one in Spain?

Teaching in a proper school or TEFL teaching?

At least you know spain is 3rd world like and teh weathers good, the UK is pretty shit at the moment, so whats stopping you.

Coz Spain is pretty shit too. Which part is third world? No chavs here and a much better class of narrow minded bigot too. 🙄

mogrim

I’ve been in Spain for 14 years now, has its good and bad sides. Standard advice: people here have mortgages / kids / dogs / credit cards / etc. Same as anywhere else. It’s not (despite bland’s uninformed comment) particularly 3rd world like, and the weather can be cack too. (Although I did manage to get sunburnt today…) Just don’t expect to move and to suddenly find yourself in paradise. That said, I like it here (albeit in Madrid), and don’t feel any particular need to move back to the UK.

I don’t know how good the teaching market is in the Valencia area, it may be harder than you expect to find work. If you’ve got a job offer lined up before heading over that would be a completely different matter, of course. I’d check up on the school before accepting, it probably doesn’t pay holidays, and there’ll be little or no guarantee of work in summer.

kevonakona
    Free Member

Would only go if the job was mine. In a pretty good british school (Caxton College) The area is not unknown to me as my sis lives in Castellon. Wouldn’t move if i was significantly worse off. Nothing more 3rd world than the a british town on a weekend night.

mudshark
    Free Member

There are still goat herders which might point to a poorer type of society but hardly the norm; I’d live there given the opportunity.

Diane
    Free Member

NO Mr Kevster you are not going to Spain or France for that matter you are a character of ill repute and you won’t get in and it’s rubbish anyway………..

donsimon
    Free Member

There are still goat herders which might point to a poorer type of society but hardly the norm;

Class.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Jobs in Spain’ is closed to new replies.