Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jigsaw blades for cutting tiles
  • Hobster
    Free Member

Random question of the day.

Has anyone any experience of the Vitrex tile cutting jigsaw blades?

Thanks

craigxxl
    Free Member

Depending on what you are cutting I found them pretty useless and prone to chipping or cracking the tile. Heavy tiles I wouldn’t even contemplate using them.
    Not sure what you are wanting to cut out but find using a tile disc on an angle grinder, tile nibblers and a file I can create most cut outs much quicker and neater.

finishthat
    Free Member

Depending on what you want to actually cut – you may want to take a look at the Dremel tile cutting attachment and bit – it works very well for intricate cuts on normal wall tiles.

Hobster
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Was to cut a narrow strip lengthwise off tiles that my scoring wheel cutter can’t handle.

Shall have to invest in a wet saw.

razorrazoo

For occasional use may be better bet to buy one of the cheaper tile saws they start from £30.

This was my plan before I found a neighbour had one that I could borrow. Tried a jigsaw blade before and it was useless.

nickjb
    Free Member

Tile saw is the right tool. Ask around your mates/neighbours or look 2nd hand as loads of people buy them for a one off job then stick them in the loft. If you are near Bristol you can borrow mine.

Hobster
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer but am in W Sussex.

Trip to Screwfix it is then.

McHamish
    Free Member

I used a Dremel for cutting tiles when I did the kitchen.

There were no curved cuts, but it cut the subway tiles easily.

I used a diamond disc bit and a tile cutter bit.

teasel
    Free Member

I used a hand tile saw and a tile drill bit to cut a lovely curved shaped in a tile. Cheap and very effective. Didn’t take too long, either.

Edit : Blade was something like this for a mini hacksaw…

http://www.diy.com/departments/bq-tungsten-carbide-tile-saw-blade/38102_BQ.prd

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Jigsaw blades for cutting tiles’ is closed to new replies.