Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Jenson USA – fast fabulous!
  • big_scot_nanny

Just a quick post, sure this has been mentioned before but wirth doing again. They are a fab online retailer.

Live in Switzerland, so buying anything from outside is cheaper :evil:. UK/US particularly good. Jenson USA had what I wanted, ridiculously cheap (returned manitou minutes), ordered wednesday night, arrived this morning at my desk. Holy moly that's fast!

I had also ordered a pair of wheels that I changed my mind on, gave them a phone, instant answer, dead helpful, cancelled the wheels no problems. Happy! 😀

As a slightly random aside, CRC I also find very good, wiggle less so. Not sure why i felt the need to express that, but there you go. 🙂

have a great weekend all!

kev

argyle
    Free Member

if I had manitous i'd want shot of 'em quick too

big_scot_nanny

ha ha!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

It was worth posting, because when I have been 'Googling' stuff they come up all the time, but I have always wondered about delivery times etc.! Maybe next time, I'll give them a go…cheers.

big_scot_nanny

forgot to mention that postage was also cheap. Ridiculously good value service. And if the minutes turn out to be utter sh*te, well, at least I had a good experience buying them. 😀

kimbers

yep jenson have been ace delivering to the uk for me too and they have a blinding sale on at the moment

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/props-to-jensonusacom

lots of happy customers here, their shipping is blindingly quick from west coast of USA, its amusing tracking it and seeing how quick it makes progress (until it hits UK roads…).

If you havent been charged import tax you probably will be invoiced in the next week, but even adding that on their stuff is cheap.

bonesetter
    Free Member

What courier company do they use?

chakaping
    Free Member

FedEx I believe.

Another thumbs up here. Great service.

big_scot_nanny

yup, fedex.

Import tax has been bizarrely inconsistent recently here in CH. But yes, as usual, I am waiting with glee for the charges. even if they doubled the cost I' still be saving. Bloody stupid expensive country!

slowrider
    Free Member

whats the £/$ rate now?

WhatWouldJesusRide
    Free Member

Munqe-chick

What kind of additional costs would I be looking at? I made the fatal error of going on the Jenson website.

Got me eye on a seat post…

🙄

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Anyone had a frame sent to the uk from them ??
    and there experiences and costs involved ?

bonesetter
    Free Member

I had a £600 fork sent. No different to anything else. Customs valuation was a little lower than selling price, so no help there.

bonesetter
    Free Member

Personally, I prefer the quick service and pay later of FedEx than the piss poor USPS/Parcel Force double act – 3 days to get to UK, 1 week in customs/PF…

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

bonesetter – Member
    I had a £600 fork sent. No different to anything else. Customs valuation was a little lower than selling price, so no help there

Hope u dont mind me asking , but what was the import duty on something like a £600 fork ??

Cheers Tony

kimbers

easton havoc bar and stem uk- £120
    jenson £48 including postage

Crell
    Free Member

You WILL be charged Import duty, VAT, disbursment / clearance by FedEx and UPS – the invoice will be winging its way to you.
    USPS and parcelfarce are a lot less consistent.

New bike parts are 4% import duty + VAT + handling & disbursments from outside the EEA and without any anti dumping add-ons IIRC

bonesetter
    Free Member

Sorry, it was a long time ago and I really can't remeber the detail

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Jenson USA – fast fabulous!’ is closed to new replies.