Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)
  • Jenns socks!! F*** Cancer
  • TimP
    Free Member

Mine are on the way but agree with Timbur, that a non sweary pair would be good too. I will have limited chance to wear the left sock at work or at home!

Drac

Out for delivery from the sorting office. Which means they’ll be here in about 20 minutes.

Sandwich

Mine arrived 10 minutes ago. They are fabulously pink and just sweary enough. Should be just the thing for commuting!

Drac

Just arrived. Yup very pink and certainly sweary, I’ll be wearing them with pride.

grtdkad

Just ordered two pairs, my kids will have to turn a blind eye in the knowledge that I have been one of the lucky ones who have come out the other side of cancer.

I look forward to wearing and offending as I go!

grtdkad

….brilliant Morvelo

Our way of remembering a friend and giving something to those that helped her.
    All proceeds, not just profit, will be split to those charities that were there when she needed them. Macmillan Cancer Support, Cancer Research UK and St Gemma’s Hospice.
    We have 500 of these at the moment so we’re looking at giving £4500 to them. Once we sell out, we’ll make more and keep going. There is no better reason to wear something bright and sweary.

Thank you Jenn

M6TTF
    Free Member

Seems our postman is a lazy bugger, as mine ain’t turned up despite being out for delivery!

wwaswas

I bought two pairs ‘just because’ but I’m faced with a similar limited opportunity to wear them. Wearing two right socks (or indeed two left) is probably a non-starter.

spawnofyorkshire

Ordered a pair, I’ll deal with the consequences of wearing them in public when i cross that bridge!

Drac

I don’t think anyone will care. My **** Yeah! Ones recieve no complaints.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mine arrived late this arvo.
    They’re really rather good.
    I just wish I didn’t have to buy them tho’.

metalheart
    Free Member

Mine arrived today also.

Unfortunately so did a phone call to my old man from the hospital, turns out he’s lung cancer after all.

F*** cancer!

Drac

****! Thoughts with you and wear those socks when you see him next.

iainc

Mine are ready for collection at the PO in the morning. Not sure when I will be able to wear them but glad I have bought them

M6TTF
    Free Member

Wore mine yesterday – dead comfy and light. **** Cancer is a well known phrase, despite being a bit sweary. I have no problems wearing with pride!

timbur
    Free Member

Jenn was a good friend in her Barcombe days. I have no problem with the phrase but I’d rather give a donation than buy a pair of socks and not be able to wear them.
    My Step dad just had a chunk of his prostate removed. He was a lucky one as he had choices.
    Every day I see the Downs and every day I think of Jenn. She’s still here, but you won’t see her if you try looking.
    Tim

chipster

I picked mine up from the Post Office this morning.
    I’ll be wearing them tomorrow.

firestarter
    Free Member

If anyone has a large pair they are afraid to wear I will gladly take them off your hands for what you paid and Wear them with pride 🙂

slimjim78
    Free Member

Will be buying Large when back in stock

iainc

My kids are 9 and 13 and fully agree with the wording…

It might be rude, but in context it’s spot on

project
    Free Member

just seen this, when will they be back in stock pleae

grtdkad

My two pairs have arrived and have been christened.

There may be a day when I mix and match

F F
    U U
    C C
    K K

…though may confuse the locals!

Sandwich

Those who have a diagnosis confirmed can also wear them the other way round. Though the Cancer should really have a comma after it to satisfy grammar rules.

therevokid
    Free Member

been wearing mine for a while now and have made at least 1
    f f
    u u
    c c
    k k

mis-match faux pas 🙂

elgolfo

**** Cancer socks out in force today at Wilmslow Half Marathon. Positive comments all round.

M6TTF
    Free Member

@elgolfo – wore mine yesterday for the wilmslow half marathon – same reaction!

got my PB too, so well happy.

dave360

“Once we sell out, we’ll make more and keep going”

Any news, men of Morvelo?

spawnofyorkshire

Mine had their first outing on a roadie ride on saturday, nice and comfy and will be pridefully worn at the leeds half in a few weeks

tomlevell

A rare early spring ride late enough in the day to wear shorts and no overshoes.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GeiniK]2016-04-13_10-47-12[/url] by Tom Levell, on Flickr

dave360

MORE STOCK DUE END OF APRIL

barney
    Free Member

Last I heard they were expecting more stock at the end of April…

TomHill
    Free Member

I’ll be wearing mine with pride tomorrow at the London Marathon (http://singletrackworld.com/2016/04/tom-hill-runs-london-marathon-for-st-gemmas-hospice-forjenn/)

Thanks to those STWers who were inspired by Jenn and have donated to a great cause – it meant a lot to me.

Tom

toofarwest

Back in stock, two pairs ordered this very morning.

stewbaccason

Same as toofarwest! Two pairs ordered today!

djtom
    Free Member

Out of stock when I tried at lunchtime. They can’t have all gone already??

coppice
    Free Member

Showing in stock atm

barney
    Free Member

Back in now – there’s a story on the FP here

muddodger
    Free Member

Just got mine 🙂

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Ordered mine to been waiting since last time as I was just to late last time 😀

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Arrived today ready for next weekends Lake’s #JennRide

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Jenns socks!! F*** Cancer’ is closed to new replies.