Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)
  • Jason Bourne
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Awww yeah!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBnmKOixDM[/video]

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*quickly checks IMDb for director*
    *Reads “Paul Greengrass”*

Woo! 😀

hammyuk
    Free Member

Good friend is the stunt coordinator 😉

wrecker
    Free Member

YOU KNOWS IT!!!!! 😀

somouk
    Free Member

Hadn’t heard a thing about this until last night but glad it is coming back, looks like it will be a good one!

footflaps

Superb!

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Hooray!

Nice to see the Damon back in the saddle. I had a fear that the franchise was either done or it would be further diluted with more spin offs.

It doesn’t look like that. Nice

CheesybeanZ

Tidy

fasthaggis

Looks like he has got himself in shape.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That last punch could have been blocked or avoided by my Grandmother. And she’s dead. 😆

Northwind

He’s been practicing his frowns. And yeah, that dude took that punch like it was the first time he’d ever seen one thrown 😆

I quite liked the one with hawkeye… It went a wee bit off the rails with the stunts at times, you could almost see the thought process “Right, you know how Bourne showed them how to make a post-2000 Bond film? Let’s see what happens if we do 1980s Bond in a Bourne film.”

“Well this sucks”

stevied
    Free Member

And she’s dead

Whoever next, Joe Cocker?

Saw the trailer earlier and it looks awesome. Much better than the previous attempt..glad MD is back

sandwicheater

[video]https://youtu.be/gnPWJOJYVKc[/video]

ChrisL

Not seen the trailer yet but I really liked the original trilogy and was fairly disappointed by the Jeremy Renner one, so I’m cautiously optimistic about this…

matt_outandabout

Yes please. I’m in.

andyl
    Free Member

Looks good 😀

CountZero

surfer
    Free Member

Quite looking forward to Deadpool showing from Wednesday near me 🙂

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Am I the only one who didn’t think the Legacy one was that bad?
    Not sure about this one, looks a bit too ‘big spectacle’ compared to the relatively small-scale stuff in the first 3. Hopefully Greengrass will keep it in check though!

duir
    Free Member

No you are not, the legacy film was pure Hollywood crap. However the Bourne films were superb, hope this one is just as paranoid and gritty

badgerbater
    Free Member

Yes, knew this was in the making as I had to review cranage for some of the filming. Not sure if it would be a spoiler to mention the location. 😉

ratherbeintobago

Not seen the trailer yet but I really liked the original trilogy and was fairly disappointed by the Jeremy Renner one, so I’m cautiously optimistic about this…

The Jeremy Renner one was OK on its own merits; it just wasn’t as good as the rest of the series.

molgrips
    Free Member

Am I the only one who thought these films were a bit rubbish?

Inbred456
    Free Member

Yes 😀

crazy-legs

The first one is on ITV2 right now.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Errr what? New filum? That’s made my day.

chewkw
    Free Member

Woohoo! I like Bourne 😀

hora
    Free Member

When’s it out? Bourne beats 007. Especially the last one.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohhh my, even I liked the look of that.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Hmm. Turns out it wasn’t great. Ok, but nowhere near the previous films.*

*Greengrass/Damon ones.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Have I just heard people were dissapointed by rent-a-soldier Jeremy renner? Christ.
    Looking forward to this one, like an action film that treats me like I’ve got an IQ over 37.

chrisdw
    Free Member

I do like Paul Greengrass films. I’m not entirely convinced on the whole ‘shakey cam’ though. Just makes it a bit hard to follow and I end up focussing more on the shaking than what it’s supposed to be giving a feeling of.

matt_outandabout

I agree with the it’s OK but not brilliant. To similar to previous films, too many wobbly unfocussed camera scenes as well.

Merak

Prepare to be disappointed. Treadstone, yawnstone. Action was excellent especially London and Greece. It could have been so much better though story lacked focus and we went round the block again.

It needed a new direction using Bourne for what he was trained for. I really hope we see that in the next installment with Greengrass’s action touch.

Alicia Vikander tho!

samunkim
    Free Member

First one with its
    Brutal (virtually single take) fight with a rolled up magazine and a car chase in a mini
    was a complete v-sign to Bond.

This one is just a pastiche. Kept expecting Roger Moore to cameo somewhere

and that wobblecam is really annoying !!!

hora
    Free Member

Best to wait for DVD release?

Euro
    Free Member

Best to wait for DVD release?

No, Just watch the first one again. I have a ‘copy’ and i’ve tried to watch it 3 times now but just can’t manage to stay awake through it – i’ve still about 30 mins to watch. If it was as good as any of the others i’d be buying it for real, but it’s not. It’s not even close.

the-muffin-man

If it was as good as any of the others i’d be buying it for real, but it’s not. It’s not even close.

^This

I went to see it last night. But it just doesn’t work. For me there was always a sense of “yes, not likely, but that could happen in real life” to the Bourne films, but this one has ventured into Bond territory at times. The car chase at the end is laughable with the sort of effects you’d see in a Marvel film.

The originals shook up the formula, this one is cashing in.

ChrisL

It’s better than the Jeremy Renner one. It didn’t fully live up to my memories of the original three, but it’s been a few years since I last saw them so my opinion of them may have inflated a bit.

Some of the hacking/tracking stuff felt very unconvincing and there was one moment where I’m sure even I would have been able to apply better tradecraft than one of the characters. As the plot can no longer be moved forwards due to Bourne’s amnesia and confusion it occasionally relied too heavily on distracting him with ill timed flashbacks or similar.

It did have about the right levels of bleakness and cynicism for a Bourne movie though and mostly it rolled along well and let its momentum carry me through the less effective bits.

In a couple of years Tommy Lee Jones may be able to play a live action Gollum…

ahwiles
    Free Member

hang on, did someone mention shaky-cam?

is this filmed in vomit-vision?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Jason Bourne’ is closed to new replies.