Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • James Lavelle
  • easygroove
    Free Member

Thanks to whoever posted the link to the James Lavelle mix on Sound Cloud a few days ago – really enjoyed it

Some more tune here https://soundcloud.com/ninja-tune/solid-steel-radio-show-29-3 from Solid Steel that might be of interest.

If anyone has any quality recommendations available for download in similar genre….post them up!

jkomo

Cool

Mister-P
    Free Member

It could well have been me, I do like a bit of Lavelle. That reminds me, he is playing Brixton Academy this month.

corroded
    Free Member

Yup, I also really enjoyed that mix (all 2.5hrs of it). It’s hard to know what to make of Lavelle: I don’t think he’s a talented DJ, nor producer. By some accounts, all that distinguished him as a skater in Oxford was ambition. Yet he often comes out with some great music, from Mo Wax onwards. I suspect his skill is having good taste.

Mister-P
    Free Member

His appearance on Boiler Room highlighted the fact he is not the most talented DJ, his mixing was dire. I think his strength lies in selecting the right folk to work with.

rewski
    Free Member

Whatever you think of James Lavelle, just remember he brought you this…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nmzHRGoKca0[/video]

captaindanger

He has excellent tune selection if limited mixing skills. But he’s done some great stuff (first Unkle and mo wax)

whippersnapper
    Free Member

….having no musical talent whatsoever I could not tell you if he was a good DJ or not. I have to say he does it for me though, even if he uses the same mixes and tunes over and over. Saw him support QOTSA ages ago, it was brilliant.

Thanks for the link OP.

Duggan

My abiding memory of James Lavelle is when he completely stopped the music at 3am in sankeys to ask anyone down the front near the booth if they had a cigarette for him

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘James Lavelle’ is closed to new replies.