Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jaçobs ladder anyone
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

Anyone been brave enough to tramp round Hayfield and Jacobs in the last weeks or so ,I know the weather have been ..well typically Peak District over the last 5 days and a couple of us are planning out next out and tbh I want to give my new Whyte M-109c a shack down before it goes back to the shop for the service /inspection …Roll on weekend

fr0sty125
    Free Member

From my experience Jacobs ladder is always fine unless it is icy. If you are going Hayfield and Shooting Cabins it will be muddy.

endurokid
    Free Member

It’s the UK. It’s Winter. It’s the Peaks. Anything that isn’t rocky will be wet & muddy. Get out and enjoy 🙂

mattrgee
    Free Member

From my experience Jacobs ladder is always fine unless it is icy. If you are going Hayfield and Shooting Cabins it will be muddy.

+1

It can be quite a few degrees cooler at the top and as mentioned above becomes pretty icy due to all the run-off that occurs.

stealthcat

Apparently the Chapel Gate/Sunken Road/Roych Clough/Jacob’s loop was mostly OK yesterday, but Jacob’s Ladder itself was underwater. Be prepared to get very wet…

stevedoc
    Free Member

Fingers crossed no wind ,it was grim yesterday gusting like mad in Glossop

JonEdwards
    Free Member

What she said^^ Rushup Edge is shite (40mph headwind didn’t help). The rest is all running good. Bit slushy at the top of Oaken Clough. The top of JL (down to the steep slabbed bit) is a bastard cold stream. All grippy and all fast though. The trade off for the headwind on Rushup was a tailwind up Oaken Clough and a very rapid run down JL. 😀

(how the f… do you embed an instagram pic?/)

stevedoc
    Free Member

Goretex and a small drop of warm tea then 😉

eightyeight
    Free Member

I was there on Saturday. Apart from the wind (which was ridiculous) it was all pretty much fine. Jacobs ladder itself was a bit wet, but nothing silly.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Cheers 88 ..bring on Sunday then

dirtyrider
    Free Member

how are the roads? winnats and edale to mam for?

BadlyWiredDog

They’re roads. How do you mean? There’s no snow or owt like that and hasn’t been since the day before New Year’s Eve.

eightyeight
    Free Member

There was some snow (enough for me to be tapping out of my tyres) on Jan 3, but it’s all gone now.
    Very slushy up at mam tor, but no huge change there.

The wind meant I was pedalling down the rushup decent. Character building stuff.

Edit: sorry just realised you said roads not trials

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jaçobs ladder anyone’ is closed to new replies.