• This topic has 34 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • I've always thought Steve Coogan was a legend…
  • mulv1976
    Free Member

but he’s just gone up even more in my estimation

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/5038280/?ir=UK+Politics

slowoldman

Yes. Top bloke.

…and series 2 of The Trip starts next week Coogan fans.

sandwicheater

I do doth my cap in his general direction. Not realised season 2 of the trip starts next week, good shout.

edlong
    Free Member

The notion that purely by definition of its popularity its beyond reproach is a nonsense.

You’d think, in a piece about journalistic standards, that HuffPo would of made more effort with there grammar..

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, loved that. Particularly liked how sets up Paul Dacre at the end and signs off with

Paul Dacre on the other hand, I think he genuinely believes all the xenophobic crap that he writes in his newspaper and I’ll let him have that.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    You’d think, in a piece about journalistic standards, that HuffPo would of made more effort with there grammar..

Quoted for posterity!

binners

I think its bloody brilliant that he’s become a mouthpiece for the contempt most right-thinking people feel for Paul Dacre and his vile publication

Pigface
    Free Member

He carries more clout than Hugh Grant who bangs the same drum.

I expect them to run a bunch of vindictive pieces and him in the next few weeks, he does have a colorful past.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Absolutely stunning POV.

Good onya Steve, always been a huge fan.

Fancy a career change?

😉

lilchris
    Free Member

I’ve always thought Steve Coogan was a legend…
    but he’s just gone up even more in my estimation

Has got off more than one case of drink driving in his local area.

Legend? Bellend maybe.

RustySpanner

A friend of mine once boffed his brains out on a bed he’d strewn with £50 notes. 😀
    Allegedley.

Odd place, Alkrington.

edlong
    Free Member

I expect them to run a bunch of vindictive pieces and him in the next few weeks, he does have a colorful past.

Thing is, he’s never hidden his lifestyle, so has nothing to be afraid of – Daily Mail exposes him as a drug-taking womaniser? Hardly news, is it? Given that he’s British though, I would’ve thought his past was colourful..

pondo

Never been the biggest fan – all his characters are variation on a narrow theme, like Ricky Gervais. Fair play on that article, though.

Pigface
    Free Member

Hardly news, is it?

the readership of the Mail will lap it up though and I am sure he wont be 100% comfortable with being portrayed as a coke snorting idiot that once banged Courtney Love. Whether it’s true or not.

edlong
    Free Member

He’s basically said in the past that he lives his life how he chooses to, doesn’t lie about it or pretend anything different, and there’s therefore no legitimate “public interest” defence for the likes of Dacre intruding on his private s*i*.

I think that might be why he has a bit more traction on this than Hugh Grant did – Coogan’s skeletons have never been in a closet.

julians
    Free Member

I do doth my cap in his general direction. Not realised season 2 of the trip starts next week, good shout.

ARRRRGGGGG , Its DOFF, not DOTH.

Also , not specifically aimed at the poster of the quote above, some more common internet forum mis spellings.

– voila not walla
    – specific not pacific
    – espresso not expresso
    – The letter ‘H’ is pronounced aitch not haitch.

That feels better, carry on.

binners

I did find it amusing when Courtney Love, who likes to do all the Debauched LA Rock Star posturing, had to be virtually rescued, as she couldn’t keep up with…. a comedian from Bury.

Apparently he’s snorted half of Peru, drank half a distillery, then boffed her to within an inch of her life! Good work that man! 😆

Pigface
    Free Member

I think that might be why he has a bit more traction on this than Hugh Grant did – Coogan’s skeletons have never been in a closet.

Good point well made.

edlong
    Free Member

@julians

“misspellings” should be one word…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

“misspellings” should be one word…

Foisted by his own canard.

binners

🙄

julians
    Free Member

“misspellings” should be one word

It was done for comedy effect……….

……..honest

ransos
    Free Member

Grant was pretty clear that while he could look after himself, going after the mother of his child was out of order. I make him right.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I don’t think Hugh Grant has ever hidden anything either – just because you aren’t broadcasting the details of your lifestyle doesn’t mean you are hiding it either

And if you meant the call girl – he didn’t have a chance to hide anything, he got caught straight away!

Only justification for that kind of intrusion is hypocrisy – e.g. John Major speaking about family values whilst sleeping with the egg lady

Duffer
    Free Member

He’s equally dismissive of MailOnline, a website so popular that it clocks just short of 12m visitors a day. “Well, you know, paedophilia is pretty popular too.”

Smooth!

donks
    Free Member

I did find it amusing when Courtney Love, who likes to do all the Debauched LA Rock Star posturing, had to be virtually rescued, as she couldn’t keep up with…. a comedian from Bury.

Didn’t Owen Wilson share the same fate after a bender with coogan which resulted in a good stint in rehab.

binners

It did indeed. I’d forgotten about that. Gives you a sort of warm comforting feeling about your own quaint northern working class roots and it’s association with binge drinking and unashamed massive class A consumption. Bless…. 😀

rexated
    Free Member

I’m not bothered by his comedy, his northern / class routes, or his drug taking and sexytime, but flipping well done Coogan for saying what he said. It’s easy and cliched to take a pop at the Daily Mail, but that doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be done at every opportunity. Because it is vile.

yossarian
    Free Member

From an interview with Ms Courtney Love

Of her brief fling with the 47-year-old actor and comedian, she adds: “All it was, was a couple of shags at the Sunset Marquis [hotel in Los Angeles,] and I did not know he was Alan Partridge. I thought he was Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People – somebody I’d always had a daddy thing for. I had never seen Alan Partridge. But I was in a band with people who did know about Alan Partridge, so I had to make a record with them constantly saying to me: ‘Back of the net!’”

🙂

binners

Cashback!!! 😆

binners

allthepies
    Free Member

Paedophilia and Nazi references in the same article, he’s trying too hard 😆

grtdkad

Just watched him in Philomena last night.

Impressive story line and venomous attack on Irish Catholic crimes (selling babies to the US).

Worth a watch.

gogg
    Free Member

Impressive story line and venomous attack on Irish Catholic crimes (selling babies to the US).

Well fracking hadn’t been invented then and you can’t base an entire economy on beer…

😉

grum
    Free Member

Of her brief fling with the 47-year-old actor and comedian, she adds: “All it was, was a couple of shags at the Sunset Marquis [hotel in Los Angeles,] and I did not know he was Alan Partridge. I thought he was Tony Wilson in 24 Hour Party People – somebody I’d always had a daddy thing for. I had never seen Alan Partridge. But I was in a band with people who did know about Alan Partridge, so I had to make a record with them constantly saying to me: ‘Back of the net!’”

That is bloody brilliant! 😀

Jackanacanory!

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘I've always thought Steve Coogan was a legend…’ is closed to new replies.