Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • iTunes – transferring songs from one library to another using home sharing
  • aleigh
    Free Member

I have brain ache, please help!

I’ve enabled home sharing on my own iTunes library which is held on my iMac. I have been able to access it on my daughters iTunes account on her windows laptop.

Now I want to drag/copy my songs onto her library. I have located her library locally but cannot paste in the copied songs from my library… if that makes sense?!!

Any help is appreciated, just a link to a site that does what I want will do!!

aleigh
    Free Member

I have resolved it all by myself- thanks anyway!

leftyboy
    Free Member

How did you resolve this?

aleigh
    Free Member

I found the library on my iMac desktop, I then copied what my daughter wanted onto a USB stick, then pasted it all onto her library via the windows desktop. I then had to reopen each file in iTunes itself so it became registered there. Whilst it was a bit of a faff I was able to open several songs in bulk by holding the shift key.

Hope this helps!

Sandwich

For future reference use the add to library function in iTunes from the USB stick. Make sure the tick is in the box for copy files to iTunes media folder when adding to library in the preferences.

aleigh
    Free Member

That’s good to know, thanks for the tip!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘iTunes – transferring songs from one library to another using home sharing’ is closed to new replies.