Home Forums Bike Forum It’s the weekend! Ride your bike. Take some photos…

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • It’s the weekend! Ride your bike. Take some photos…
    colournoise

First ride for The Mongrel on vaguely proper trails for my Friday head clearer. I’m obviously biased, but I think I might well have designed a pretty decent UK ‘play bike’ (or ‘mini enduro’ I guess – a bit more gnar-capable than a trail or down country machine and deffo heavier than either!).

As you could probably predict from the frame material and simple suspension design, it rides somewhere between my Cotics and my old Alpine 160, but I reckon pedals better than either due to the steep seat tube angle and running the shock fairly stiff (about 20% sag). 120mm at the rear feels like plenty for the local features and root gardens – we’ll see how it fares in The Peak tomorrow!

2024 07 12 Dog New Tricks 04

2024 07 12 Dog New Tricks 01

2024 07 12 Dog New Tricks 07

singlespeedstu

Yesterday’s ride before the thunder storm rolled in.
    Black 8 off piste stuff wasn’t such a good idea in the rain.

IMG-20240712-WA0007

Tracey

Looks good

We had black 8 in perfect conditions last week. Last run of our days was chasing each other down Rock N’Arolles into Black 8

Hope you enjoy it

singlespeedstu

Black 8 was fine in the wet.

The stuff off it less so.

poah
    Free Member

30 mile pootle to Kilbarchan on the cycle path.

dave661350

Hiding in the woods…

BoardinBob

edit: ridiculously impossible to upload pics now?

johnhe

Les Lindarets

Above Les Lindarets 2

johnhe

Oh bum. The photo uploader is still not working? (Nor the like button?)

gallowayboy

Leaden skies but no rain, I’ll take that!Ogden

singlespeedstu

Out with one of the guides on his day off today.

Lazy afternoon ride with zero pedaling.

Down to three riders.

WTFU.

chambord

ta11pau1

I haven’t been on here for a while, and I’ve only done 4 rides since last July and my Alps trip! Pretty much every dry weekend has been spent working on my van, getting the interior built so I can use it.

Anyway, did the gap today in the Brecon beacons. Thought I was ready for 750m of climbing. I wasn’t. Oh god, my legs. I was cramping up coming down the descent!

PXL_20240713_135431079.MP

PXL_20240713_135854924

PXL_20240713_123259597

rOcKeTdOg

Love a bridleway with options

PXL_20240713_111122823

onehundredthidiot

Some brilliant trails in Andorra and good guiding too. Definitely wouldn’t find this stuff without the knowledge.

singlespeedstu

IMG_20240714_155347379_BURST004

sharkattack

This weekend I’m exclusively riding the sofa with my thick socks and hoody on.

singlespeedstu

IMG-20240714-WA0013

johnhe

Last try

how the heck are you guys uploading photos? I thought you just had to click the image button and then choose the photo from your photo library. It worked a while ago, but definitely doesn’t work now. Any tips?

onehundredthidiot

Imgbb only way to be sure(ish).

colournoise

Up Blackamoor way yesterday with a few of the club crew. Don’t often ride that bit of The Peak but it was good fun.

2024 07 13 Shake Rattle Roll 01

2024 07 13 Shake Rattle Roll 03 pixelated

didnthurt

How the hell do you post photos now? It was easy before.

didnthurt

Better ones on GoPro, but that’s being a dick too

20240713_121012~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240713_121104~2 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240713_131732 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

20240708_192312 by davetheblade[/url], on Flickr

jimmy748

For those having issues, just copy and paste the photo hosting address directly into the post.

Short Purbeck loop Saturday morning, then a stop at QE on the way to Gatwick for an early flight to Madeira (bike free unfortunately)

Alex

Not this weekend, but just back from a week in Madeira guided by Freeride Madeira.

IMG_9246

IMG_9554

IMG_8710

IMG_9648

IMG_9697

Short vid of one of my favorite descents into Machico

Longer one of first day, we did a lot of trails.. many of them epically dusty

IMG_9808

It’s certainly a fun place to ride a mountain bike. Lots of different type of terrain on what is a small island. Be absolutely no fun without an uplift!

johnhe
    ready

Just under 40km along the Suffolk Coast with MrsReady.  A most pleasant day was had – Southwold was very nice indeed.

I do like a random door in a wall – where do they lead to??

Mister-P
    Free Member

As I was in Henley on Saturday I thought I’d check out The Ridgeway from Goring on Sunday.  It was a rather pleasant pootle up to White Horse Hill and back.  Trying to decide if I have the legs to ride Goring to Avebury and back in a day.

citizenlee
    Free Member

We’ve had to move out to the MIL’s in the countryside for a couple of weeks whilst some work gets done on our house. Luckily it’s a 5 minute cycle from a forest.

FFS – Images incoming…

citizenlee
    Free Member
    steamtb

Revs

steamtb

How are people uploading photos now? It was mega easy and quick but now doesn’t work on either a laptop or a phone? Just get odd boxes but no pictures…

gallowayboy

So we’re back to the old method of using a hosting site and pasting the address?

steamtb

binners

Just back from Scotlandshire for the social event of the calender – Duncfest – and very much a game of two halves riding-wise. Kirroghtree on Friday for lots of swoopy, wooded singletrack (I bloody love Kirroghtree!) and then a gravelly sort of coastal potter round bridleaways to the Isle of Whithorn on Saturday. Then we all got really really drunk and eat our own bodyweight in chargrilled meat. What a weekend! :D

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.