Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • It’s that time again! Yes! It’s time for another ‘Tom’s in hospital’ thread!
  • tomhoward

i know you have all been missing my regular updates from last time, so I thought I’d take the be for the team and check in again.

Since my last brush with having a toe lopped off, it’s been mostly plain sailing, regular checkups with podiatrists and aside from the occasional blister, there’s been no issues. Though I got a blister the other week, on the base of my right big toe/ball of my foot, that seems to have got angrier/deeper since, so call was made on Tuesday to see the vascular team in York, and another date with some IV antibiotics as it was looking red an inflamed. Having been in the short stay ward, I was transferred to the long stay ward this morning, at a totally acceptable 425am…

basically we we are at the ‘wait and see’ stage, it is improving, but if the improvements stop/slow significantly over the weekend, then its surgery time to open it up and see if there’s anything to be drained off the bones.

last time the ‘jeopardy’ was I wanted to be out by Xmas (made it with 3 weeks to spare) This time it’s a much more hard stop. I’m getting married in 5 weeks.

shall we open a book on whether MrsTHtobe lops my foot off so there can’t be any unexpected issues before the big day?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Since my last brush with having a toe lopped off

I’d hate that.

I’m lack toes intolerant.*

*© Cougar . Just getting it in before he does 😉

bruneep

👏

tomhoward

Stealing material perchy? I believe that was cougars gag last time…

edit, as you say….

perchypanther
    Free Member

I think you’ll find the proper credit has been given. 🙂

matt_outandabout

@perchy

@tom

Get cheered up

binners

Bloody hell! Well, at least I know why you haven’t replied to my emails. Hope you’re ok fella

You’re prints are coming together nicely, so that’s one less thing you need to worry about 🙂

Keep me posted on how many feet I’m going to need to draw 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

5 weeks to source a pair of Wedding Sandals?

Should be plenty of time.

tomhoward

@binners yeah… hopefully seeing jem this aft so will have a chat with her and get back to you.

matt_outandabout

Should be plenty of time.

It depends, for all we know he swapped them and a painting on the ferry for a pair of deck shoes…

DezB
    Free Member

You’re prints

Oh binbins 😆

‘CE’ not ‘TS’

thepurist

A pair?  Here’s hoping…

binners

I get confused when I’m not colouring things in Dezzy. And I’m semi-literate at best 😉

Tom… I’ll send you through where we are with it now

tomhoward

Given how much Ive already spent on the shoes (a very nice pair of Loakes) if I don’t wear them, how many feet I have will be the least of my worries compared to the number of puncture wounds in my neck….

mogrim

A pair?  He’s hopping…

FTFY.

turboferret

This thread is useless without pictures!

Cheers, Rich

perchypanther
    Free Member

tomhoward

Unlike last time there really isnt much to see, just a slightly red, slightly swollen big toe. No oozing, seeping or nuffink

fossy

My mate spends  alot of time in and out with his feet. Really bad T1 neuropathy and he’s lost all his toes on both feet. Was in hospital nearly 4 months last year.

Heal well !

tomhoward

Unexpected fun development to the day, one of my ward mates sounds just like Alan Ford, and his gentle ribbing of one of the student nurses ( named Harry) has so far, been pretty funny

perchypanther
    Free Member

See if you can trick him into saying lines from Snatch.

Enquire as to his opinions on the travelling community. That might work.

tomhoward

I was just gonna straight up ask him what nemesis meant.

perchypanther
    Free Member

one of the student nurses ( named Harry)

‘Arry you mean?

tomhoward

I’m still hoping he’ll start using ‘Arold…

perchypanther
    Free Member

What’s his view on the trustworthiness of the swineherd?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shandals are what is needed here.

fasthaggis

Flashie, that’s a rubbish Sean Connery voice

scaredypants

Brilliant – this couldn’t have come at a better time, what with Love Island and the TdF nearly finished

Can we have names and love interests of all your bay-mates ?

hmmm, baymates <registers trademark>

anyone know where I can get calendars printed up ?

tomhoward

‘’Arry, let me educate you on somefing’

Got all excited to hear insights from the underworld, instead got a rant about fluorescent lighting.

is disappoint.

TiRed

Is there. Book open on how many digits you’ll leave with? How many widths did you buy the Loakes in?

Whats the flip flop situation? Fine/maybe/not a chance

Heal fast Tom. Or else!

tomhoward

Number of digits isn’t in question I don’t think, as the issue appears to be on the ball of my foot, and any fluid that may be stuck around it, but you never know I guess.

what Havaianas for a 3 piece suit?

jemmajura

@binners it’s MrsTHtobe here…. could you do us a version  with a peg leg, eye patch and a parrot 😉

RustySpanner

My mate spends  alot of time in and out with his feet.

Big fan of the hokey cokey then?

tomhoward

Rusty wins joke of the day, other patients are wondering why I’m stifling laughter…

so far 3 nurses have said ‘have you been in here before?’ Referring to last time 😳

And I don’t need an eyepatch! (Another close shave from last time, they were planning to sew an eye partially shut…)

binners

Hi Jem. You’re being a bit more of an optimist than me, which is good. I’d already done a wheelchair. 🙂

jemmajura

@binners  as long as it’s 29er and stealth I’m sure he’d love it

tomhoward

Slight update.

Bricktop has gone home, didn’t get an opinion on the travelling community. Though did get an interesting opinion on The Sun. ‘I like it as it doesn’t have any of that politics bollocks in it’. I didn’t press the issue….

On to me, foot is showing improvement, swelling and redness is reducing, and the need for surgery is now ‘unlikely’. Though they do want to keep me on the IV antibiotics for at least the next 3 to 4 days.

At least the weather is shit now eh?

senorj

Have you considered “heads ,shoulders, knees and TOES” for the first dance at the wedding?

Could be an option.

Get well soon. 🙂

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Backup plan for wedding at the hospital chapel? Hopefully you will be out before then, but it’s an option, just probably not what your fiance had in mind! 😉

tomhoward

Just had a fun lunch…

had a cannula out this morning as it was beginning to itch/go red, waiting for a suitably qualified person to put a new one in.

12 o’clock, lunch arrives

12:02 man arrives to put cannula in. First attempt, after a good ten minutes trying to find a vein, goes in my hand between 2 knuckles, can literally feel the needle between bones as he wiggles it side to side, back and forth, he tries to flush it, nothing, tries so hard the pressure sprays saline everywhere, nothing.

Second attempt is in my forearm, after ages bending my elbow and wrist. Except it didn’t work, couldn’t see but it felt like the end of the needle had pierced back though my arm…

3rd time is a charm? Outside of forearm, with wrist by my shoulder, goes in, tries to flush, spray everywhere. More jiggery pokery, flush eventually works.

12.52 go back to eating (now cold) lunch. Yummy.

Nurse comes to attach IV. Tries to flush. Water everywhere. Asks for new cannula to be put in.

Different doc arrives, 40 mins later, first attempt, straight in, finds vein, cannula in, job jobbed. Now waiting for iv to be connected.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘It’s that time again! Yes! It’s time for another ‘Tom’s in hospital’ thread!’ is closed to new replies.