Home Forums Bike Forum It's SHITE being Scottish

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • It's SHITE being Scottish
  • druidh
    Free Member

Maybe I should have posted up a picture of the Glenfinnan viaduct and a link to Harry Potter instead?

:-)

yossarian
    Free Member

Yes – for those (mainly south of the border) that don’t get the connection, the wee video exerpt from Trainspotting that pops up when the photo is clicked was filmed at Corrour Station.

Ah now see I didn’t know that. Never read or watched trainspotting. More a ‘darling buds of may’ sort of racial stereotype you see. :wink:

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Local Hero. Fantastic movie filled with some brilliant humour.

Totally agree, the soundtrack of that film alone was worth the ticket. I didn’t realise until fairly recently that Mark Knopfler is Scottish. He believes his that his guitar playing style is influenced by his exposure to Scottish music as a wean before migrating to Northumberland. There was top TV show with him and Phil Cunningham.

I don’t know when I can come to the Highlands again, and I’m usually hiking when I’m there. They say if you visit enough, you leave a bit of your heart there, always yearning to return to feel whole again. If I ever get the chance, I’d love to do a bit cross-mountain-country yomp, something like the loop all the way around Ben Nevis/Aonachs/Grey Corries.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Why not post a picture of Bauchaille Etive Mor and a link to Highlander?

TooTall
    Free Member

They say if you visit enough, you leave a bit of your heart there, always yearning to return to feel whole again.

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Victorian romanticism at it’s very best. I hope you’ll be carrying some oatcakes, wearing tartan and looking all distant and other-worldly on your anticipated return.

robsoctane
    Free Member

at the start of the post, pics of trainspotting were on… I’ve got off at that very train station a few times. Across Ranock moore, up stob ban, booketive mor, anoch beag, aoch mor etc… doing the ridge to big Ben Nevis. Lush place everyone! It sould be a target for those who aint done it yet.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes this time around, couldn’t be bothered to search the correct spelling for all those foreign mountains. Ye ken worra meen, ay?

I think that I have the best of bothworld being in the north east, don’t think it’s $&I*^(* being Scottish but it may be better being English if you come from where I do. :wink:

Spey-Stout
    Free Member

Some of the folk on this forum boil my piss. :|

teh thred waz not about nationality!

Spin
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member
    Why not post a picture of Bauchaille Etive Mor and a link to Highlander?

Ah, but I was actually at Glenfinnan on Friday…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Looks like it could be quite windy up in them that hills.

Which would make it the ideal location for a windfarm actually.

And is that the Tram platform?

ton

i wish i was scottish
    i wish i lived in scotland
    i wish i was going touring in scotland next week
    england will have to do i suppose……………. :|

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Hahahahahahahahahaha. Victorian romanticism at it’s very best. I hope you’ll be carrying some oatcakes, wearing tartan and looking all distant and other-worldly on your anticipated return.

I’m not that old! But I do rather like Stockan’s Orkney oatcakes and look a bit other-worldly.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Post like this are almost certain to win them over to how nice you are. Keep up the excellent PR work for your country.

what country is that then?
    who am i trying to win over?
    i don’t work in P.R.

rshaul
    Free Member

could i possibly go completely off topic from the bile that is being spouted and actually ask a few questions about corrour?
    i know there is the route around loch ossian but not really long or challenging enough to make the trip worthwhile so is there a way to get down to kinlochleven? if not are there other routes to follow that normal,mere mortals could ride?
    also for getting fed at the station,did find a site from a year or so ago saying the station cafe/tearoom was to be closed.is that still the case?

Kit
    Free Member

what country is that then?
    who am i trying to win over?
    i don’t work in P.R.

Where’s a facepalm pic when you need it…

Junkyard
    Free Member

here have one each :wink:

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There we go. Lovely.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Where’s a facepalm pic when you need it…

this one?

grum
    Free Member

It must be tricky for Scottish people who are into cycling – coping with staying balanced on the bike with that enormous chip on their shoulder.

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

We don’t waste chips by putting them on our shoulder!

13thfloormonk

They say if you visit enough, you leave a bit of your heart there, always yearning to return to feel whole again. If I ever get the chance, I’d love to do a bit cross-mountain-country yomp, something like the loop all the way around Ben Nevis/Aonachs/Grey Corries.

I’m always yearning to return, even though every trip I make involves, at some point, yomping though bogs while sweating myself thin inside a raincoat while the rain knocks the midgies out of the air all around me, in fact, I’m starting to well up just thinking about it *sniff*

Rshaul, tearoom open and serving last I checked! Also, from Corrour you can descend a very good landy track to Loch Treig, at which point you can hang a sharp left and take the (not 100% rideable) climb up to Loch Chiarain. From there descend the excellent singletrack to the Blackwater reservoir, try and find the path for the 1km to the Blackwater Dam, and then take your pic from the many many options in front of you. If you wanted to catch the return train you could cross the dam, climb and descend the devil’s staircase, then pedal across Rannoch Moor on the WHW to eventually end up at Bridge of Orchy station. That would be one excellent day’s riding if you had the legs.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

And from 2 years ago a picture on the same platform of me and Mrs M, the dogs and about a billion midges

[/url]
    Courrour with dogs and midges[/url] by CaptainMainwaring1[/url], on Flickr

13thfloormonk

Jebus! Its scary when you can actually SEE the midgies in photos. Five labradors though? Are you mad, how can you afford to feed them??

Junkyard
    Free Member

Are you muslins ?

IGMC

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Jebus! Its scary when you can actually SEE the midgie :lol:s in photos

Yeah, I’d never seen that before. There were so many of them they must have been almost clumping together to show up like that. We took so many on to the train with us that the guard and a few passengers nearby were cursing us :D

Are you muslins

:lol:

scotia
    Free Member

grum – Member
    It must be tricky for Scottish people who are into cycling – coping with staying balanced on the bike with that enormous chip on their shoulder.

haha! i thought better of you grum…

mr smith…how funny! (thats sarcasm btw..)

i dont understand this ‘the scots have a chip on their shoulder’….Cant scots and english just get on and respect each other? Its getting tiring..

druidh
    Free Member

I thought the labs were mibbe midge sacrifice. Didn’t you have 6?

partyboy
    Free Member

Judging by some of the contributions to this thread, it is our southern neighbours who possess the shoulder chips :roll:

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I dont know any scottish person who has a chip on their shoulder. Same cant be said of many of the english people that I know.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Nationality is no bar to being a male hen ….nor to trolling :D

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I hate any Jockanese who actually live north of a line from Callander.
    Jealousy’s a terrible thing & I apologise.

rickmeister

Quite balanced actually, chips on both shoulders….

TheBrick
    Free Member

I never trust anyone who is too into their nationality, it tends to lead to blindness of their nations fault and a false sense of superiority and or righteousness. Nationality is really best for getting loads of people to fight for you.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Cool picture though.

coastkid
    Free Member

Back onto Scottish films, along with Local Hero and Gregorys Girl, dont forget Bill Forsyths other classic Comfort and Joy :-)

Is Scotland a separate country then ?
    I thought it was part of England.

onehundredthidiot

Midges!!!!!!!!

About a minute in explains a lot about our complex relationship with the wee biting buggers.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I dont know any scottish person who has a chip on their shoulder. Same cant be said of many of the english people that I know.

they from yorkshire?

grum
    Free Member

haha! i thought better of you grum…

Foolish! Sorry was just getting into the general spirit of trolling on this thread, seem to have caught a few too, including the master himself :D

I need the chippy Scots on board anyway for my plan to get them to include the north of England when they go independent.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Are english people allowed to use the edinburgh defence?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘It's SHITE being Scottish’ is closed to new replies.