Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • It's just started raining……….
  • core

Well, it’ been raining almost not stop since I got back from Tenerife Sunday night, but it was sunny briefly this afternoon.

The rain is now of biblical proportions, it’s almost dark, there’s very loud thunder right over head, and I left my rain jacket in the car, all I’ve got is a very light down jacket, and 300 yards from the office to the car.

How long do I wait?

perchypanther
    Free Member

How long do I wait?

As long as it takes for you to realise that you won’t melt?

jekkyl

RUUUNNNNNNN!!!!

Drac

Anyone else sick of these incessant rain updates?

perchypanther
    Free Member

RUUUNNNNNNN!!!!

Nope. Over 300 yards in the teeming rain you’re going to get wet regardless.
    Stroll nonchalantly as though it were a balmy summers evening. A bit of rain doesn’t concern you. You are representing STW.
    You can always dry off in front of your woodburner, dignity intact.

core

I am, can’t stand them.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

strip naked obvs.

ads678

nickjb
    Free Member

It sounds like you are getting the rain we had about 40 mins ago. Lots of it. Only lasted about 20 minutes IIRC. Sunny now

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

As long as it takes for you to realise that you won’t melt?

But what if they are wearing something carbon? 😛

Only one thing to do, borrow the A2 whiteboard to use as an umbrella!

Or order pizza delivery for dinner in the office.

fasthaggis

there’s very loud thunder right over head, and I left my rain jacket in the car, all I’ve got is a very light down jacket, and 300 yards from the office to the car.

core

I’m sure you’ll all be hugely relieved to know it stopped after about 20 minutes, and it’s now a bright, dry, cloudy evening. Might get the bike out, maybe…..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Rain? Where? Drizabone here. (South coast FTW)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sorry but it’s bloody lovely on the Hampshire coast.

You need to move.

Drac

Rain? I seen that a few weeks ago and heard tales of it from the south.

Mind you I’ve not seen the sun for over a week as we’ve had clouds every day.

core

North Herefordshire/Powys border.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sun and blue skies all day…..rush home….grab bike.Thunder,poes dark and biblical rain 👿

Drac

Thunder storms are great fun.

maxtorque

core
    since I got back from Tenerife Sunday night

Sorry, but any sympathy i might have had for you, evaporated right there^^^ 😉

matt_outandabout

Don’t tempt me – the other thread is a few years old now. It makes me smile when I post on it, sad thing that I am…

zippykona

I’ve just showered all the mud off my legs and face. Once dressed I shall go to the shed and reinstate my winter commuter.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ve had two lads pumping a **** lift pit out all day. It’s picking up a large area of my site. Just about got on top of it this afternoon and stuck with it as the forecast said the odd light shower overnight. Well **** me it’s not stopped raining since!!!!

project
    Free Member

Huge storm hit ellesmere port yesterday and tonight it was chesters turn about 5 miles away, seems the romans cam to chester and didnt build any drains by the state of the roads

Drac

Don’t tempt me – the other thread is a few years old now. It makes me smile when I post on it, sad thing that I am…

Me too. 😆

prawny

We’ve had yellow rain warnings pretty much every day for the last week in Birmingham. I think I’ve got wet every day since last Wednesday, but none as bad as then. I had to carry my bike across a knee high flooded A road, and that was the shallowest bit I could find.

Drac

We’ve had yellow rain warnings pretty much every day for the last week in Birmingham.

What a load piss and wind.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Well after i was quite smug about the weather last week in the procore thread, i’ve come to the conclusion that Schwalbe have some very powerful friends – its been dark and rainy every day since.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘It's just started raining……….’ is closed to new replies.