• This topic has 42 replies, 26 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • It’s hot , what’s on your feets? 2018 edition.
  • zippykona

As someone who gets really hot feet are there any advances in footwear technology I should be aware of?

bodgy
    Free Member

You’ve heard of sandals, right?

Drac

Trainers pretty much the same as everday of the year I’m not working.

Kryton57

I thought this was a Flasheart footwear upgrade humblebrag.

zippykona

Sandals end up smelling and I can’t even wear trainers in the winter as I feel like someone is suffocating my feet in plastic bags.

bikebouy
    Free Member

hugo
    Free Member

mattbee

Right now? A cheap pair of flip flops i picked up in a market in Spain 5 years ago & an 8 month old Pomeranian puppy.

grahamt1980

CFH to the forum please…… Waiting to hear which 80’s Russian style icon he is channeling this year

onlysteel
    Free Member

Dunno if they’re in or out at the mo’, but still Birkies..

hugo
    Free Member

Dunno if they’re in or out at the mo’, but still Birkies..

Birkies have been simultaneously in and out for 40 years!

zippykona

The holy grail is something that is  cool, you can wear socks with and comfy enough to run for the train  in.

Last year’s butchered plimsolls tick 2 boxes but don’t have a very giving sole.

Are Converse comfier than tesco own brand?

cchris2lou

Sebago boat shoes .

colournoise

hugo
    Free Member

Sebago boat shoes .

Ok, if we’re being serious!

Full boat shoes are a bit chintzy for me, especially with the superfluous lacing around the outside, blue leather, whist soles, etc.

I got a pair of Sperry Top-sider ranger moccasins about 5 years ago and they are the true do it all no sock summer shoes.  Just come back from holiday and they were worn to the beach/pool/restaurant/markets/sightseeing/walking and both performed and looked right in all of them.  Get some no-show loafer socks for extra comfort.

Brush the c**p of them occasionally and they have the benefit that they look better and better with the patina of age.  Timeless.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Second shout for Keen sandals. Just wore a pair of H2’s for 2 weeks in Singapore and Malaysia. Super comfy!

sparkerfix

Love the “Waterproof “ tab on those Keens 😄

molgrips
    Free Member

For me, Keen sandals stink.

The only ones I’ve found that don’t are Birkenstocks or Chaco.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Boat shoes

Dear God, save me from the boat shoe wearing fraternity..

Were you in Howard’s Way, or perhaps High School Musical ?

zippykona

An evening spent on the computer found these.

I shall cut out the holes that aren’t cutout and the tongue if needed.

Hopefully they should have a comfy sole.

Yeah I know it says laydeez but let’s smash the system one step at a time.

http://www.prodirectselect.com/products/Womens-Shoes-adidas-Originals-Womens-Superstar-80s-Cut-Out-Core-Black-BY2120-155629.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjw5fDWBRDaARIsAA5uWTjjRKJy8noIIXBsyLJzLNUNLqUzQDXxZRlHMOb2l1g02iIi78cOQYgaAgbKEALw_wcB

bubs

Salomon amphibians are like an off the shelf version of your haute couture creations.  Mesh everywhere for ventilation and drainage but proper footbed and sole.

zippykona

I have something very similar to those salomons.

The holes are good but the non holey bits are made from padded man made materials. Even with all those holes my feet overheat. I am a bloody awkward customer!

RustySpanner

Crocs.

My original pink ones have died, so £3.99 bagged a nice blue pair from the charity shop.

Hardly worn.

Dead man’s shoes? Who cares…..

And some Decathlon running shoes for court appearances.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife had some of those Salomon ones. They stank, she had to bin them.

RustySpanner

Last year’s butchered plimsolls tick 2 boxes but don’t have a very giving sole.

Are Converse comfier than tesco own brand?

Vans for the fuller foot. All day comfy, £20 odd quid  all over the internet. Wide, arch support.

Rich_s

Merrell waterpro ftw. But getting a bit spendy these days.

grahamt1980

Bit of a random one, but the vibram furoshiki shoes are really comfy and cool too wear. Look a bit odd though.

But then I like my fivefingers too

funkmasterp

When not at work just go barefoot. Solves the sweaty feet and what shoes issue. Been doing it for years now. Own a couple of pair of Vivo shoes for when weather is crap and have some Merrells for working out. I just see shoes the same way I see gloves. It would be weird to wear them all the time

epicyclo

Keen sandals.

Your shoes don’t stink of their own accord, that’s your feet depositing various organisms and the dead skin for them to feed on, and every time you stick your clean feet in the shoes, you’re regunging them.

Wool socks are the unfashionable answer.

Shoes don’t need to stink.

maccruiskeen

any of the 3-d woven style of trainer that are currently pretty popular (Nike Flyknit for instance but most of the trainer co’s make something similar) are pretty much all ventilation- they’re surprisingly hard wearing despite weighing nothing and having soles made out what appears to be ‘flump’

RustySpanner

I do like the Nikes but I’m more of a (wider) Reebok last.

I know I always band on about the ‘D’ place but for summer touring and pootling their running shoes are a nicer fit for me and just happen to be a lot cheaper. Take up no space at all in a pannier, dry quickly, grip well on flats.

Serious answer to the OP.

Vans, Crocs, running shoes and Clark’s for posh.

footflaps

I get really hot feet. I find Merrel Freewheel shoes to be very breathable and not too hot, so wear those at work during summer.

At home, leather sandals (also merrell).

maccruiskeen

And some Decathlon running shoes for court appearances.

If you wore the running shoes all the time-  instead of the crocs – there’d be less chance of you getting caught.

CountZero

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Skinners, bought through their kickstarter campaign. About as simple as an item of footwear can get, ideal for wearing in the departure lounge.

https://skinners.cc/shop/skinners-athleisure/?utm_source=67807-Indigogo&utm_medium=email&utm_term=2095607509&utm_content=SHOP%20ATHLEISURE%20LINE&utm_campaign=Adventures-27-2-2018-indiegogo-20180227

aphex_2k
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>molgrips
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

For me, Keen sandals stink.

</div>

Usual for me too, but the Keen’s weren’t that bad at all (OK, so I rinsed them out in the shower and left them on the balcony over night to air dry) but not stinky at all.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Living now in a part of the world that gets SERIOUSLY hot, maximum airage is essential. Leaves an interesting pattern on the old plates-of, mind…😲

onandon
    Free Member

Paleos chain mail shoes

zippykona

The chain mail and skinners are interesting.

If the chain mail was fabric and had a proper trainer type sole I reckon we’d have a winner.

The skinner has basically reinvented a ballet shoe and sock.

Woppit ,just looking at that sole makes my feet sweat.

I guess socks and sandals are the answer to my problem but fashion (and Mrs Zip) dictates that I spend hundreds of pounds every summer trying to find comfy shoes.

Maybe some really minimal sandals and a pair of those socks that look like Converse.

onandon
    Free Member

I don’t get super hot feet but I do do alont of walking in hot weather when I travel.

i also hate flip flops and sandals.

geneva is hot and humid in the summer, not Asia levels, but still hotter than the uk by quite a margin

in my time traveling Asia and Cambodia I found that Nike mayfly lite trainers work really well for me. They can be found quite cheaply and are more robust than they look.

they are made from super thin mesh and have holes in the bottom.

i use them when messing around in the sea as they drain n dry quickly too.

Just also seen they do a lite breathe verson with extra holes.

ctk
    Free Member

Socks and sandals rather than cutting out trainers?  I had some Tevas and they made my feet stink-  I think either leather inners or socks is the solution to that problem.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘It’s hot , what’s on your feets? 2018 edition.’ is closed to new replies.