Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • It's Friday wheres the beer appreciation thread?
  • cheviots
    Free Member

Wakefield CAMRA beer festival tonight for me. 120+ beers available ranging from a 2.8% session ale to a 7.8% IPA plus a bottle bar and cider and perry.
    Going with a mate I’ve not seen in a while and we’ve loads to talk about & not working this weekend its going to be a good night

ton

at that place off denby dale road?

david47
    Free Member

Woking beer festival for me… I have no idea at the moment what they have, and I guess in the morning I’ll be none the wiser… Then I get to do it all over again 🙂 Oh and then attempt the gorrick race..

cheviots
    Free Member

Ton, yes its a bit of a shed but alright inside, gets used for conferences/proms etc…

Lifer
    Free Member

I’m playing covers for beer tonight, planning to get my money’s worth!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ooooh! Friday! Might be off to my LBS to get some of the truly brilliant Wiper & True “In the pines”.

They’ve got some interesting stuff from Two Cocks as well.

(Set up by a couple, one of whom is cavalier, one roundhead. They were on Grand Designs as well, but their beer’s not bad at all)

allthepies
    Free Member

Woking beer fest tomoz lunchtime session for me.

rewski
    Free Member

Over did it last night, would usually be craving a beer right now, kill or cure?

I poisoned myself with these beauties

Drac

Just keeping it simple tonight with a couple bottles of Brewdog IPA.

cheviots
    Free Member

Rewski, they look great but I’ll be staying away from anything that strong tonight!

lunge

Leffe for me, I have a 4 pack chilling in the fridge that will go down a treat tonight.

rewski
    Free Member

Got these waiting in the fridge

singlesteed
    Free Member

Would I be flamed if I had a cider in fridge waiting to lift me out of a cold/flu.

Kryton57

Spitfire is £1 at Sainsburys today, so tonight is:

and

and

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve been stockpiling beers from the Asda 4 for a fiver deal.

Mostly strong stuff so an Old Peculier and/or Riggwelter could be in order.
    The Shep Neame IPA ain’t bad also, nice and robust at 6.1%

woody2000

I think I’ll be taking it steady tonight, wedding to go to tomorrow which might be a bit of a session. I have a bottle of Ruby Leffe and an Abbots Ale in the fridge to tempt me, but I’m going to try and be strong! 🙂

On a side note, I had some of Tesco’s “craft ales” last weekend, Metropolitan brewery (by Greene King) – very nice they were too, currently £1.25 a bottle and worth a taste if you can bring yourself to be in Tesco 🙂

andycs

Wakefield beer festival for me, finish work 5:30 and straight in the taxi!

toby1

Had this at lunch:

Might skip too much more tonight as I think I’m out for a bit tomorrow.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bishops Farewell, one of my faves.

toby1

Allthepies – I’m a bit of an Oakham fanboi, sharp hoppy aftertastes are what I love most!

jimw
    Free Member

Might open the last bottle of Sea Coal brought home in the summer from from the brewery attached to the Ship Inn Low Newton Northumberland. a black wheat beer.

zilog6128

Over did it last night, would usually be craving a beer right now,

Yep me too, at the local beer tasting!

Had lots of great beers from To Øl of Denmark (very interesting and unique brewers) and Port Brewery from California. The best one IMO was this one from To Øl – Sort Mælk Imperial Whisky Barrel Aged Milk Stout – made at Brewdog as it happens:

winston
    Free Member

Old Perculier is £1.25 a bottle in Tesco at the moment so guess what I’m about to open……

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Theakstons XB cooling in the conservatory as I type.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ll be in sainsbury shortly for some of this. Yes, it’s in a can, but it is very refreshing of a Friday after work…..

leffeboy

leffe is starting to lose out

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘It's Friday wheres the beer appreciation thread?’ is closed to new replies.