Home Forums Bike Forum It’s been a while since I bought brake pads…where to go?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • It’s been a while since I bought brake pads…where to go?
  • sc-xc

Morning…I need some brake pads to fit SRAM Force brakes.

Where’s the best (cheapest!) place to get 2 pairs?

Ta

davros

Uberbike have a sale on this weekend. Decent pads, loads of compounds to choose from.

Rubber_Buccaneer

+1 if you want low price but decent Uberbike are a ood call

andrewh
    Free Member

Ive always liked the Alligator ones, have a look on XCRacet or Mt Zoom, they’ve got an eBay shop too. Last ages and decent power

No idea if they do SRAM Force though but worth a look

DickBarton

Second recommendation for Uberbrake…my go to as the pads work well, last a decent length of time and are a good price.
    Been using the ebike (blue) pads and I think they are better than the race matrix (white) ones which I found to be the best…so the ebike ones seem to now be my go to pad of choice.

ajantom

The Vandorm pads from Bikeparts.co.uk are good value, work well and seem to last too.

davros

The only time I’ve struggled with uberbike pads was in the alps as a brake dragger when I totally cooked them and the discs. But that’s probably my bad habits to blame rather than the pads. I’ll be using the blue compound ones this year with a bit more care.

matt_outandabout

Another happy Uberbike customer here, I’ve nearly run out of a pile of thier Kevlar ones which seem good.

weeksy

Ran Uberbike for years, then found Galfer (green), sold all my Uberbike pads the next day.

sc-xc

Thanks all!

poah
    Free Member

been using cheap ones for a few years now but decided to try Galfer G1554T PRO for my saints. They were superior in every way in terms of braking.

BadlyWiredDog

Where’s the best (cheapest!) place to get 2 pairs?

Best? Currently for me, Galfer. Cheapest, whatever you can find on Aliexpress. That aside, I’ve found the EBC pads from Merlin a good balance of price and performance. Never been that impressed with Uberbike, I had a succession of nasty, noisy ones, but maybe that was a bad batch or something. Or go OE.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.