Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • It just cost me £11.96 to send some handlebars!!
  • rhid

It cost me under £6 to send some longer ones + a stem on Saturday! Since when did handlebars become a collection only item!!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Glad I’m not the only one! Mine had to go parcelforce 48 as they are over a certain length. Last pair I posted were about £6. Daylight robbery.

br
    Free Member

How well/badly did you pack them?

rhid

I should have cut them in half and sent them in 2 x samller packages, would have been much cheaper!!

wwaswas

the downside of the craze for wider bars.

Get something narrow and purple anodised and revel in the reduced postage costs.

rhid

I don’t think packaging is the issue its the length! They were under 500g but at 711mm long the only posting option is parcelforce! I feel you pain Calamity James.

maxtorque

Next time cut ’em in half first, saves a fortune………

aracer
    Free Member

£4.20 to send those with MyHermes. Why does anybody use PF any more with their price increases?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Because MyHermes regularly smash stuff to bits IME.

rhid

Aracer – If I had only know that!!!! In the future I am going to use them!

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I put the bars in plastic bags to protect the finish, then wrapped them in a makeshift cardboard sleeve (almost like a long envelope) then secured together in packing tape. They were pretty safe for posting and at a push they would have fit through a letterbox. They weighed under 500g so argued my case for medium package, but got no joy. Oh well..

rhid

I did the same, except used multiple bin bags! They would easily fit through a letterbox. At that price I hope they are hand delivered by supermodels and fitted to the bike too!

aracer
    Free Member

Haven’t had a problem, munrobiker – or at least that’s what my ebay feedback would suggest. Ebay has even added MyHermes as a delivery option you can specify – I guess a lot of ebayers are using it.

They weighed under 500g so argued my case for medium package, but got no joy

You’re surprised that they refused to let you send something which was larger than their specified dimensions? Though in actual fact you should be able to send bars up to ~88cm long as a medium parcel if you’re clever with your packaging 😉

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Easton Havens? Snap

RoganJosh
    Free Member

I don’t mean the bars snap, I mean that happened to me too

CalamityJames
    Free Member

You’re surprised that they refused to let you send something which was larger than their specified dimensions?

Surprised that just a few weeks ago I sent the same sized bars for nearly half the price, packaged pretty much in the same way!

Legoman
    Free Member

Why does anybody use PF any more with their price increases?

^this.

I send everything through parcel2go now. They collect it from my doorstep and it’s still loads cheaper than Parcelfarce (for big items anyway)

aracer
    Free Member

Ah, so you’re surprised that they’ve changed their rules? Something which received no publicity at all.

rhid

I saw no publicity!

aracer
    Free Member

Is nobody going to take me up on

Though in actual fact you should be able to send bars up to ~88cm long as a medium parcel if you’re clever with your packaging

?

rhid

Post a picture of clever packaging so everyone will know how to do it next time!

gonefishin
    Free Member

I’m going to guess that it’s the diagonal on a rectangular parcel?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Scurries off to familiarise himself with PF posting rules in order to have an argument with aracer about his bars

aracer
    Free Member

gonefishin has it. Sorry, Junky, no argument to be had here – unless that is you like arguing against geometry.

Junkyard
    Free Member

euclidean or non euclidean?

Matt24k
    Free Member

PARCEL2GO
    link
    1kg 75x10x10cm parcel 2 Days Service
    Our Price: £3.50 + VAT
    MyHermes ParcelShop
    Please drop off your parcel at a Hermes ParcelShop.
    Printer Required

cloudnine
    Free Member

If the bars will fit in a 3″ tube then it would have been classed as an exception and therefore much cheaper as its a tube.
    With RM try and make sure it fits in a 6″ cube box.

patriotpro
    Free Member

the only posting option is parcelforce!

Not true.

aracer – Member
    £4.20 to send those with MyHermes. Why does anybody use PF any more with their price increases?

Bet me to it.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘It just cost me £11.96 to send some handlebars!!’ is closed to new replies.