Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • IT help needed- connection issues
  • KT1973
    Free Member

I’m connecting to the wireless internet in my hotel roon as I have done umpteen times before but after a couple of minutes, the connection stops working and I have to disconnect and reconnect again. I’m not aware that any settings have been changed, and the signal is excellent and speed is fine also. My iPhone is connecting and browsing without issue. I’m using a samsung NC-10 on mains power running windows XP and internet explorer for browsing. Any ideas please??

KT1973
    Free Member

Google chrome doesn’t work either. The ‘auto diagnose connection problems’ tool thinks it’s connected ok as does the wireless icon at the bottom.

sniff
    Free Member

Turn iPhone off/onto 3G. It could be that it’s grabbing the connection each time it reconnects.

druidh
    Free Member

Do you have a card-specific WiFi utility for your connection as well as the in-built XP one? They can trip over each other, causing this sort of problem. I usually find that the best option is to let XP handle it itself.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

i had this. i had to change the order or preferred networks as a lower signal was higher on the list and kept bumping the good connection out.

KT1973
    Free Member

Thanks for the input guys. I’m running the XP wireless utility already and the only signal I can find in the hotels network with 5 bars (full) signal. It is a free network and doesn’t require a log on. It still does this with the iPnone off. I’m having to use the iPhone now which isn’t ideal for STW

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘IT help needed- connection issues’ is closed to new replies.