Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 280 total)
  • ISIS threatening Europe.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Following this report:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/isis-fanatics-tweet-chilling-photos-5716101

Is it now time to fully mobilise all available force, go in hard, and just kill them all?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Has the scrawled writing on bits of old card dynamically changed the threat level?

LHS
    Free Member

I always preferred square taper.

jambalaya
    Free Member

In Syria and Iraq yes definitely. In Rome that’s not quite so easy, certainly not for holding up a piece of cardboard. Hopefully the new powers this government will bring in including surveillance will help to keep us safer here in the UK. No guaranty though against this poisonous ideology. It’s going to be a long and difficult campaign. BTW the interview last night on Newsnight with Emma Sky ex special advisor to the US military in Iraq was fascinating, going to buy her book today.

Couple of photos from Bradford I’ve posted before

binners

Pfft! Amateurs! if they’d have cut letters out of old newspapers like this then we’d all be really justifiably scared to death. Everyone knows thats thats how serial killers and proper nutters operate. You can even get an online template to do it for you, so there really is no excuse…

gobuchul
    Free Member

As they can’t even cut cardboard straight, I don’t see them as a major threat. 🙄

footflaps

Is it now time to fully mobilise all available force, go in hard, and just kill them all?

No, but it is time to stop reading the tabloids.

kimbers

what we need is some multi billion pound nuclear subs stuffed with ICBMs, we’ll be safe as houses then

binners

mrchrispy

<tannoy>
    Hora and picture of nuclear bomb to forum please….Hora to the forum.
    Thank you
    </tannoy>

hora
    Free Member

ISIS threatening Europe

and any attack(s) will be carried out by homegrown terrorists again.

Plenty of what the media refers to as ‘disaffected’ youth out there. The truth is alot more simple- boy doesn’t listen at school, does petty drugs and ends up in prison through every fault of his own. In prison he realises that he can instantly win respect by converting to a hard version of Islam. Suddenly hes a soldier of god and can pretend the drugs/slackness that he created wasn’t his fault but Britain who held him down.

Plenty of those out there.

binners

Hopefully the new powers this government will bring in including surveillance will help to keep us safer here in the UK

Naaah… are you somehow unfamiliar with how this works? Those new laws will be used for monitoring environmental activists, surpressing lawful protest, and for councils to prosecute people for putting their recycling in the wrong bin

footflaps

Naaah… are you somehow unfamiliar with how this works? Those new laws will be used for monitoring environmental activists, surpressing lawful protest, and for councils to prosecute people for putting their recycling in the wrong bin

Exactly, suppressing the fifth column. It all starts with people who don’t put their recycling in the right bin, next thing you know they’ve joined the communist party and are trying to undermine the very freedoms our forefathers died for….

binners

My god!! Has Hora just said something plausible? Also the social inadequates, who can’t get a girlfriend, and fancy themselves as brave mujahideen warriors that the Burka-clad laydeeez of Brixton and Stoke will be throwing themselves at in Syria

seosamh77
    Free Member

hora – Member
    ISIS threatening Europe
    and any attack(s) will be carried out by homegrown terrorists again.
    Plenty of what the media refers to as ‘disaffected’ youth out there. The truth is alot more simple- boy doesn’t listen at school, does petty drugs and ends up in prison through every fault of his own. In prison he realises that he can instantly win respect by converting to a hard version of Islam. Suddenly hes a soldier of god and can pretend the drugs/slackness that he created wasn’t his fault but Britain who held him down.

Plenty of those out there.

Underachievers, Lazy buggers, Druggies, Criminals and Islamistics all in the one paragraph, that’s special! 😆 bravo!

mrchrispy

they should round up the protesters supporting ISIS and bus them over so they can join their brothers in the great fight against the horrors of the west. I’m sure they’ll pop up on liveleak sooner or later

nemesis
    Free Member

Our homegrown terrorists are typically disaffected, relative loners and more often than not, middle class. Should we nuke Waitrose and the local parks?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

“Is it now time to fully mobilise all available force, go in hard, and just kill them all?”

What **** planet are you on? Oh yeah, planet troll.

nemesis
    Free Member

planet muppet more like 🙂

I suppose it probably is trolling but there are people stupid enough to believe that this is like fighting an enemy army where you can locate them and fight them in a conventional manner – going in hard and killing them all. I suppose it appeals to the internet hardmen too.

Even if you ignore the point that the real risk is almost certainly with people who are UK citizens or at an absolute minimum will have lived here for some time.

footflaps

Even if you ignore the point that the real risk is almost certainly with people who are UK citizens or at an absolute minimum will have lived here for some time.

That’s way too subtle for our Tabloid readers (Woppit et al) to comprehend, much easier to just say all bad people are foreigners with beards and live far away and must have bombs dropped on them.

hora
    Free Member

What I struggle with is the need to lookout for fellow muslims who are apparently being attacked by the West. The situation is horrible as its Shia v Sunni with the West on the sidelines unsure of exactly what to do. John Kerry scared me with his vitriol speech against Assad.

Now the thinking seems to be empower the ‘nice’ sounding Syrian rebels to get rid of the loony elements and they’ll beat Assad and run a rosey-stable Syria.

As Ramada etc is showing in the news this week. Just when the Western politicians think ISIS is being beaten- it flips everything round again.

Anyway thats my opinion.

binners

We really have gone through the looking glass when you consider that Iraq is now full of Iranian militias. But this is now apparently a good thing, as they’re on ‘our’ side.

We should stay well out of it, as we should have done in the first place, and let them get on with it

wrecker
    Free Member

people stupid enough to believe that this is like fighting an enemy army where you can locate them and fight them in a conventional manner

I agree, which is why I support enhanced powers for the intelligence and security services. However, anybody caught misusing these powers should not pass go or collect £200.

nemesis
    Free Member

Saves having videos of American/etc soldiers being lynched on youtube as Obama rides the wave to the end of his term… Still, it is jolly nice of Iran to provide them and I’m sure it’s an entirely selfless act.

nemesis
    Free Member

And that is one solution wrecker but I think it’s misguided – there’s a limit to what they can actually do I reckon – look at the Boston bombings – ‘self radicalised’ (great term – would love to know who came up with that) people doing bad things. Putting more effort into stopping that scenario may not be as sexy but it’d almost certainly be a lot more effective.

binners

Can they not just install some kind of system where the internet gets shut down when beardy, shouty people use Google?

Mind you, that’d be the last we’d hear of Brian Blessed. Theres always a catch, isn’t there?

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d bet that it wouldn’t nemesis. The security services operate as much here as they do abroad, the “self-radicalised” are a massive priority.
    Whilst an education/community outreach system is vital (and hora is right, prisons are a hotbed of recruitment), we need the ability to watch and capture the most determined of folks (who will also be the most dangerous). I truly believe that it’s essential, some don’t and that’s fine.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Why haven’t ISIS seen fit to attack Israel?

And who has been supplying their weapons and ammo?

maxtorque

Mr Woppit

And how exactly are you going to work out who to kill??

binners

Oh Christ! Here we go…..

I predict that after 3 pages we’ll all all be trying to work out how we’d arrived at it all being Jimmy Savilles fault…..

piemonster

Why haven’t ISIS seen fit to attack Israel?

One front too many, and the Israelis tend not to **** about.

Next.

Although here’s a picture of Israel next to some others. So I guess they are all in cahoots under strict orders from Elizabeth.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Interesting take binners…

This Washington Post Article would seem to suggest that the growth of ISIS, like Al-Qaeda before them was largely down to Western intelligence services:

Abu Saleh, who is originally from a town close to Benghazi, said he and a group of other Libyans received training and support in their country from French, British, and American military and intelligence personnel — before they joined the Al Nusra Front or the Islamic State. Western and Arab military sources interviewed for this article, confirmed Abu Saleh’s account that “training” and “equipment” were given to rebels in Libya during the fight against the Gadhafi regime.

footflaps

But this is now apparently a good thing, as they’re on ‘our’ side.

That’s what we said about Bin Laden when he was fighting the Russians!

And how exactly are you going to work out who to kill??

I believe all the bad people have dark skin and beards.

LHS
    Free Member

There is little evidence of non-European ISIS fighters infiltrating Europe in the manner that is being depicted in the press. Claims that terrorists are coming to Europe disguised as refugees are often used by far-right and anti-immigration parties in their rhetoric against more humane policies towards the increasing number of genuine refugees fleeing the Middle East.

A far more effective ISIS strategy would be to cultivate an army of home-grown soldiers living within the European Union borders who are radicalized online or on the battlefield.

At least 5,000 E.U. citizens are either fighting alongside jihadist groups in Syria and Iraq right now, or have travelled to those countries and returned home.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

In world war two the average age of the combat was soldier was twenty six, in vietnam he was nineteen, N-N-N-N Nineteen.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Maybe we should just send a crack team of Woppit, Rupert Murdoch and Katy Hopkins in to deal with it.

binners

Jive Bunny – we know all this ‘my enemies enemy is my friend’ nonsense and where its got us. Its hardly a conspiracy.

My point is that they’re all shouty, beardy, explodey, mentalists, so we should leave them all to have their great big game of ‘I’m more Islamic than you, so there!!’, maybe sell all sides (conventional, non ICBM) arms, so at least its profitable, then when they’ve all beheaded each other, stroll back in and nick all the oil.

Its a win/win

Junkyard
    Free Member

Well played Binners

Our homegrown terrorists are typically disaffected, relative loners and more often than not, middle class. Should we nuke Waitrose and the local parks?

Solo riders to be shot on sight?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

So the Politicians and Mainstream Media demonize this year’s hottest new enemy, whilst failing to tell you they trained and armed them in the 1st place… no conspiracy there then

Selective memory that just happens to be profitable perhaps?

legend
    Free Member

jivehoneyjive – Member
    So the Politicians and Mainstream Media demonize this year’s hottest new enemy, whilst failing to tell you they trained and armed them in the 1st place… no conspiracy there then
    Selective memory that just happens to be profitable perhaps?

If they were trained by politicians and the media then we really are in trouble!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 280 total)

The topic ‘ISIS threatening Europe.’ is closed to new replies.