• This topic has 15 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by rs.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Is this true
  • craigward
    Free Member

Just been told by my local bike shop that the Magura racelines I have on are not compatible with the frame and fork. They say I could snap the frame or crush the rims?

I have Mavic 517, Magura Racelines and a Marin Nail trail frame. All about 10 years old.

They have offered to swap the Racelines for V-Brakes? am I being taken for a ride?

wwaswas

I’d say they were beign over cautious – you are usign the braces for the brakes aren’t you?

craigward
    Free Member

Also haven’t ridden it in 8-9 years, and even when all the parts were fitted only did about 20 miles. Thought I would dig it out and get it fixed

theflatboy
    Free Member

yes, it’s true. this man has no dick.

(name the film)

craigward
    Free Member

Yes braces are on, they say the forks (Old RST Pro) have flexed so much the dampers have moved? I must admit they are solid but thought it would be down to not using it much

richc
    Free Member

if the braces are on it should be fine, however it will eat through rims unless you are using ceramics.

craigward
    Free Member

Bike was built by a decent (although may reconsider that now) bike shop about 10 years ago.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

yes, it’s true. this man has no dick.

Venkman in Ghostbusters

theflatboy
    Free Member

Venkman in Ghostbusters

😀

richc
    Free Member

they will be fine, is the frame steel? if so it will flex a bit when you brake.

craigward
    Free Member

Frame is not steel. Alu

fingerbike
    Free Member

I have got magura hs33 on my bike its a 94 fire mountain using 117 rims, not broken anything yet, but then again i’ve only been riding it for about 10 years like this, so theres still time…
    The maguras are a W**ker to setup, maybe the guy at the bike shop is scared of them…

BigJohn

There is a forum on the magura website that answers any question you ask in about a day. http://www.support-english.magura.com Its very good. It takes a little while to get your registration set up but after that the moderator, Vinav, gets back quickly. He helped me out last month with a fork problem.

craigward
    Free Member

Cheers all for the feedback. I think I will just let them swap em. I am looking at getting a new bike in the near future anyway. This can get me by until then.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d leave them on – they’r enot massively more powerful than V brakes which to me means that they can’t be exerting much more force on the frame/forks….

rs
    Free Member

If your thinking of a new bike then stick with what you’ve got for now, if your that concerned don’t pull the brakes so hard, surely its possible to exert the same (lesser) amount of force on the rim as you would with v-brakes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Is this true’ is closed to new replies.