Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Is this really what full sussers are meant for?
  • enfht
    Free Member

There’s a brook in my local woods with vertical banks either side, too wide to jump. I was there on Monday and some super-cool fully sussed awesome dude was stacking logs on the far side so that if you jump the brook the logs will help carry your momentum and get you out the other side without severe injury. So then this fella proudly announced he’s been “trailbuilding” before ploughing into the brook WITHOUT lifting his front wheel at all, but instead relying on his FS steed to cushion the impact, preventing both himself and his bike shattering into a million tiny pieces.

Is this really what full suss bikes are designed for? I know they’re more forgiving but ffs.

I was tempted to jump it myself and up the super-cool stakes but I just rode off on my hardtail 😆

Bet he felt super cool on his big bouncy bike.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bored Enfht?

Why not go for a nice bike ride, it’s gorgeous outside.

I myself shall be doing just that very shortly…

enfht
    Free Member

Can you tell? 😆

Yes I am sat in work thinking of my most recent ride, and yes I’m taking this afternoon off to go jump the brook. Maybe I’ll post up my X Rays this evening

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

😆

He cocked it up. Or will eventually receive a Darwin award. Live and let live.

epicsteve
    Free Member

Sounds to me like you were too scared to give it a go…

billysugger
    Free Member

yeah you need to rad-up man, that dude sounds super gnarly

thepodge
    Free Member

carbon bikes are rubbish… oh sorry, wrong daily troll thread

RustySpanner

Sorry, wrong thread.

neilforrow

I’m taking this afternoon off to go jump the brook.

sounds like a simpsons quote.

uber rad.

molgrips
    Free Member

I suppose it’s one thing that FS are made for, at least long travel ones. They help with landings, and they definitely help if stuff goes wrong. They also tend to have better riding position, wider bars etc for jumping.

What’s your point?

Bregante

Looks like the OP let what/how somebody else was riding, spoil his own ride. Just reading it has ruined my day. Selfish, full sus riding, trail building gits…

rewski
    Free Member

too wide to jump

Not anymore, time to get a FS.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I think I’ll now go and ride my full sus along the canal bank, in the hope that the thought of it will make your face contort. 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Is this really what full sussers are meant for?’ is closed to new replies.