Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • is this a dual ply?
  • lister11
    Free Member

Hi,

Winstanleys just dropped me off a kevlar larsen TT 2.35 Maxpro exxon exxpro inside.

I wanted a dual ply but this one feels a little flimsy and weighs in at 700 – 750g.

I was expecting a 1kg tire (maybe the wire weighs this).

I want to run it tubeless.

Anyone know a way to tell if mine is really dual ply (says nothing on it) or should i send it back for a wire? will be used for the mega.

product code tb73539800

regards

brakes
    Free Member

Maxxis Larsen for the Mega? are you not planning on turning any corners 😀
    I’m sure the single ply are about 5-600g so that sounds like a dual ply to me

pegglet
    Free Member

no its not. my friend did the same the other day ,same tyre,read somewhere that some of the top guys use em in the mega,but sliced the side open on very small rock. think best to get duel ply minion or roller. they wont slow you down really! c u there!

warpcow
    Free Member

A mate of mine has a wire, dual-ply. Weighs a fair bit more than 750g (about 1kg like you thought iirc). I can’t say I was astounded by how fast they rolled (I have a regular 2.35 on my HT); I thought my previous Ardent was better.

lister11
    Free Member

spoke to a couple shops.

Wire dual ply – 1kg

kevlar dual ply – 750g ish

so it is a dual ply but a folding one.

now

track pump, flows, tape sealent and a folding DP larsen = ……… i’ll let you know when its done in a minute (too hopeful?)

lister11
    Free Member

update…….10 mins comp to comp…..DONE!

with a crappy plastic track pump and no fairy liquid.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘is this a dual ply?’ is closed to new replies.