Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Is there any boardwalk at Gisburn?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Does it get icy?

crispo
    Free Member

Yes there are a couple of sections and they are usually fairly slick in the wet. Cant remember from last year how bad they were in the ice, just keep of the brakes and youll survive!

afrothunder88

Never seen them get icy but as stated in the wet they can be lethal, I’ve bailed once and seen it happen to numerous others. Handily, the ground around them is soft so its usually allright!

AndrewBF
    Free Member

Was there last weekend, after all the rain – and early rain on Sunday morning.

Awful stuff.

Wouldn’t get me anywhere near it if it was icy.

Martin_pendle
    Free Member

Was up there on Wednesday, it was wet and didn’t seem too slippy as long as you don’t brake hard or make any sudden moves – then it is lethal.

Houns

I was there not last Sunday but the Sunday before, parts of it were covered in frost, it was fine to ride on

glenh
    Free Member

What are you lot on about?
    The board walk stuff at Gisburn is absolutely fine in the wet. Plenty of grip, since the wood is rough split.
    No problem in frosty weather either if I recall correctly.

vondally
    Free Member

agree with glen h very differnt to north face in grizedale ( I came off there and have hated woord ever since) or llandegla scary. Very grippy wood at gisburn

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

agree with glen h very differnt to north face in grizedale ( I came off there and have hated woord ever since) or llandegla scary. Very grippy wood at gisburn

Agree. Much grippier at Gisburn!

Smarty
    Free Member

Never had an issue with the wood at Gisburn, it looks grippy as it’s rough cut, then again I’m always very cautious on it but might be ‘cos I’m a big wuss 😐

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

The boardwalk stuff at Gisburn is rough split logs so it has grip, it seems to work quite well although doesn’t have much lateral grip, so you still need to be careful.

The log rides at Gisburn use a grip method which was first spotted by SingletrAction, being used at Golspie (I think), then used extensively at Stainburn, then a few SingletrAction people went to Gisburn and did the same for them.

This below, took me about 2 hrs, I had some training tho from the master, Knacker (pictured above, back to camera).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Is there any boardwalk at Gisburn?’ is closed to new replies.