Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is the Telegraph pinching STW stories? Cheek!
  • v8ninety

So I followed the link to the village green cricket loony story and at the bottom of the page was a familiar picture; surely the one that was posted on here by someone who had been there and taken the pics themselves. If the Telegraph had pinched the pic (and story; there’s nothing in the text they couldn’t have worked out from the thread itself) from here without asking the owner, is that a) cheeky, or b) fair enough in this citizen journalism age… You decide.

you read it here first, literally

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

c) Common practice, sadly.

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s my understanding once uploaded to photo sharing websites you’ve given up the copyright

Drac

It’s my understanding once uploaded to photo sharing websites you’ve given up the copyright

No, no you haven’t.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Bollocks.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Then your understanding is woefully ignorant.

Copyright remains with the holder regardless.

Time for an invoice, £250 a pop IIRC is the going rate in these cases.

Cougar

The crashed Lamborghini Aventador seen on the M6 southbound near Preston Photo: Rossparry.co.uk

aracer
    Free Member

d) somebody else took similar pictures which the Telegraph published.

I presume simmy wasn’t the only there with a camera, the pictures aren’t identical

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is the Telegraph pinching STW stories? Cheek!’ is closed to new replies.