Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is phoning Dealextreme a frustrating, expensive waste of time?
  • user-removed
    Free Member

I suspect it is but wondered if anyone had? Ordered my Winter light nice and early and got a shipping confirmation email back on 29th May.

Tracking info doesn’t work and they haven’t responded to a message sent two weeks ago.

mcnultycop

E-mail them again. I ordered a light a month or so back, but they messaged me to advise air freight had rejected it because of the Li-ion batteries.

I’d imagine the call will cost as much as the lights.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ha ! you have a couple of months before the evenings start getting dark early. Who knows, by then pigs may fly, or yours stuff may turn up.

user-removed
    Free Member

Just a swift update… After a third message to DX, I got a message back telling me that the light had been seized somewhere along the line due to having a Li-on battery. They claimed to have sent another but tracking still not working and they’ve ignored the last two messages…

Giving up and cancelling for a refund very soon.

scrumfled
    Free Member

Their online chat is a pretty easy way to deal with them. I put up with their usual emails “please wait” for 44 days. on day 45 I raised it with paypal and got a full refund from them.

cookeaa

I just go straight to ebay now and order a head without the battery and/or sift for UK sellers (typically the mark-up isn’t too much now)…

cookeaa

5 minutes on ebay:

£12 1 x XML

£19 2 x XML

£15 2x XML head only…

I’m sure there’s better deals than those to be had as well, just keep the searches limited to UK sellers.

user-removed
    Free Member

Swift update – was issued with a store credit which is impossible to apply to items in my basket. That was last week and I’ve sent in daily tickets demanding a refund but I’m close to just accepting that they’ve nicked my £40 and moving on. Five months of getting messed around and fobbed off.

Needless to say, never, ever again.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Well at least there is less of a chance of your house burning down now.

lightman
    Free Member

I use store credit all the time, its easy.
    Go to your cart, click on “Proceed To Checkout” and there you will get a chance to use your store credit.

beamends
    Free Member

ive been waiting over a month for x2 lights with batteries from there aswell, almost forgot about the order untill i read this, sounds like a load of hassle should have gone through ebay damit!

user-removed
    Free Member

Last update until these lights actually arrive… Managed to actually get live chat to work and spent a few happy hours being massively patronised by 12 year old employees. Two of them ended the chat when they couldn’t resolve the issue. The third had me set up a whole new account, verified it, transferred the store credit, reset my ‘Payment Password’ and I finally got my new order to go through.

Will update next May when the lights finally arrive.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Fasttech are best for lights and customer service.

pk13

I’m feel a bit sorry for deal ex 3 of my orders have been shit canned by customs now it must be costly for air freight. And shipping by boat means longer wait times

user-removed
    Free Member

I might muster some pity if their customer service wasn’t totally abysmal and if they actually let you know when your order came back to them. Binned off my original order and went for a couple of headtorches whichrun on AA batteries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is phoning Dealextreme a frustrating, expensive waste of time?’ is closed to new replies.