Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • Is Kettling Morally Wrong?
  • ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You don’t actually know it’s not true though, do you?

It’s not true Elfie.

What is true though, is that the NUM was infiltrated by MI5. But that’s a different story.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

How d’you know it’s not true?

There are several accounts of unidentified bods in police lines.

It is Maggie we’re talking about after all. You wouldn’t put it past her to use whatever means she could get away with, to serve her own ends?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How d’you know it’s not true?

Well how do I know that there weren’t any extraterrestrial people from a planet which circles Alpha Centauri, amongst the coppers on duty during the miner strike ?

I don’t.

OK there might have been.

Extraterrestrials from a planet which orbits Alpha Centauri that is.

There was definitely no squaddies.

Northwind

Elfinsafety – Member

You just don’t like to contemplate the fact that it’s perfectly possible such things might actually have happened.

Not being a credulous fool, when presented with something that seems unlikely I expect to get at least a single shred of credible evidence before I give it the slightest bit of brain time.

The police and army have some of the most efficient rumour mills in the western world, what are the odds that not one of them would have confirmed the story if it were true? In fact, it’s surprising that no ex-coppers or ex-squaddied have backed the story even assuming it’s not true.

scraprider
    Free Member

the more i read this , the more i think some people have been replaced by weird aliens. just to post on here.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I don’t think there was ever any doubt that it would eventually be ruled as unlawful by a court,
    it’s just surprising that it took so long :

Court finds police kettling was unlawful

I guess the Met will have to use other lawful tactics now.

Kevevs
    Free Member

can someone condense this into a nice little paragraph. or a flow chart.

nosedive
    Free Member

if it happened in Libya we would send in the planes

yossarian
    Free Member

can someone condense this into a nice little paragraph. or a flow chart.

Once apon a time some nasty, dirty and smelly people were shouting. Good queen bess and her prime minister told the brave police it would be fine to hit the smelly people until they ran away or shut up. But the brave police got over-excited and hit everybody instead.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Surprised it has taken so long to come on here seeing as judgement was yesterday afternoon.

The use of kettling in ‘this’ situation has been deemed unlawful (the type and conduct of the crowd was key). It is not a judgement in relation to the general use of kettling as a tactic by the police.

It has also been appealed.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The use of kettling in ‘this’ situation has been deemed unlawful

Which is the only situation I have ever experienced kettling. Kettling has been consistently used by the Met as a tactic of first resort against peaceful protesters, despite their spokesman’s completely misleading comment : “Where necessary, we will continue to use containment as a last resort to prevent serious disorder and violence.”

Kettling as a tactic used by the Met, has been deemed unlawful by a court.

duckman

Kettling is such a waste of both police and crusties time anyway.It must be very hot for the nice policemen in that riot gear and it must be hard to be contained for hours next to somebody who has rejected soap as a plot by global drugs companies to make more money.Kettling is also an affection of the South.It will just have to be replaced by the Northern/Scottish eq. “Mass baton charge with horses.”

Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)

The topic ‘Is Kettling Morally Wrong?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM