• This topic has 19 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by chip.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Is it possible to have a one page thread about wheel size?
  • What if it was started at half past ten on a Sunday night, less than 12 hours after the last wheel size thread ?
    Do you think it might slip down the front page in to obscurity, or would the inevitable…

“You need this bike for this type of riding and that bike for that type of riding”
    and
    “I’ve got this bike and had that bike, and this bike is better for all types of riding”
    plus the numerous
    “It doesn’t matter what bike you’ve got, just get out and ride it instead of arguing on the internet” written by someone who is not out riding their bike, but arguing on the internet.

…replies would add up the magical 35 and the whole thing would spill over on to a second page again ?

steezysix
    Free Member

Let’s find out…

welshfarmer

Well I was out with 2 mates today. Me on a 26, one on a 27.5 and the other on a 29er. I was the slowest up all the hills and the slowest going down them too. I was also the only one who couldn’t pull a wheelie. And to top it all I was the only one to have a puncture. I did try both other bikes. The 29er felt like sitting on my bike, but on top of a box! The 650b felt no different at all.

My conclusion. 26″ is dead in the water 🙂

chip
    Free Member

Pick one,

When will we learn.

Jamie
    Free Member

Mods. Lock the thread.

Sorted.

boxelder

Magic number’s 40 in it? Posts per page I mean.

plus-one

No

35 reply pages will become obsolete when the industry conspires to get us all to go to 40 reply pages, or the latest 37.5 replies per page.

teethgrinder

The one on the left. Shifty looking ****.

jodafett

The kitten on top right is completely fed up with this debate.
    Top left rides a 650B cos he’s mean

cookeaa

I do think the slogan

“650b discussions = Kitten Death!”

Would make a nice, in joke, sort of T-shirt…

aracer
    Free Member

35 reply pages will become obsolete when the industry conspires to get us all to go to 40 reply pages, or the latest 37.5 replies per page.

I think you’ll find that it’s actually 37 replies per page, whatever the marketing might suggest.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Apparently, 27.5″ wheeled bikes need 650b specific saddles now too!

With a bit at the back notched out so the tyre doesn’t rub the saddle! 😯

No, really! Click me, it’s true

ratherbeintobago

“650b discussions = Kitten Death!”

Where’s the Spokeshirts chap when he’s needed?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

post a kylie photo, that should get it stopped

forge197
    Free Member

I’ve had what can be called a cycling hiatus for a few months and not visited the forum so much, and with threads like this it’s like coming home same same old 🙂

Drac

I find the naive optimism of anyone who would start a thread like this both reassuring and depressing at the same time.

ratherbeintobago

Yep. Whole thing can be summed up as:

1) There isn’t a best wheel size and it’s all down to personal preference
    2) Kittens Will Die.

zippykona

Kittens become cats, I hate cats.
    Job number one today is pick up a winters worth of cat shit before I can cut my grass.
    Keep on with the wheel size debate and my life will be better.

chip
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    post a kylie photo, that should get it stopped

If you think it will help .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to have a one page thread about wheel size?’ is closed to new replies.