Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Is everyone enjoying their 6 week 'enjoyable commuting' window?
  • binners

Lovely innit?

For the last two days I’ve managed to ride in without

1. A selection of snotty ladies-who-lunch peering over the steering wheel of their Range Rover, looking straight at me, then trying to mow me down out of a junction. My life being considered totally expendable as long as she delivers little Tamara and Charlie to within a gnats pube of the school gate, so he can rush home and shag her personal trainer.

2. A group of bovine 15 year old school-girls, all staring, giggling at their phones, as they step off the kerb a metre in front of you without looking. OMG! WTF! LOL!!

Makes a nice change 😀

theflatboy
    Free Member

agreed. though the lovely weather means the queue for the shower at work’s quadrupled!

djen83
    Free Member

I’m sincerely enjoying the 6 week window, as for six weeks I don’t have to commute anywhere! Currently enjoying one of the few perks of teaching!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Aye, make a huge difference, and our hols are longer, tho we’ll have the Fringe shortly.

sefton
    Free Member

lovely mate – this morning I rode through rivington saw a little helpless deer on the side of the road. its back legs had been ripped off and its inners and blood where flowing over the tarmac. However the magpies didn’t mind they where filling there boots.

need to get more cycling clothing or my colleagues will start to complain about the smell – no showers just baby wipes!

martinhutch

Enjoy. But spare a thought for non-commuters who now have to look out for dozy adolescent idiots diving randomly out into the street at all times of day. Like the little git I nearly totalled in Skipton town centre yesterday. I was shaking for about a minute afterwards, it was that close.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I live opposite a junior school for special children with no legs 😆

The next 6 weeks are going to be bliss not having to tell stupid mothers in cars not to block my drive whilst I’m reversing out, so their poor legless children don’t have to walk the 400m from their houses round the corner 🙄

mrchrispy

shouldnt you be reversing into your drive so its easier/safter when pulling out of it?

would stop idiots blocking your drive but i though thats the way it should be done.

verses

Commute is better.

Shops at lunchtime are MUCH worse.

mossimus
    Free Member

Olympic lanes kick in tomorrow so guess commute will get a bit worse.
    Crowds of kids in swimming pool at lunchtime are abysmal.

allthegear
    Free Member

100mphplus – is there any connection between your tendency to reverse onto a road and all the local children apparently having no legs??? 😉

Karinofnine

Love the school holidays – my journey is quicker and safer without the school-run-mums. The olympics haven’t affected my journey yet, apart from Holborn, which is solid with traffic because of the restrictions in Kingsway, but I only cross over it so not too bad – YET.

jam-bo

no, i commute across dartmoor and the tourists are out in force.

roll on winter.

philconsequence
    Free Member

first commute of the summer holidays on the way home tonight, i’m going to wear a sleeveless top and get burnt. i think i’ll take it easy and just chill instead of belting home trying to beat my time for the 3rd week running 🙂

nickf
    Free Member

It’s still absolute murder on my train – all the ‘3 month cycle commuters’ have decided that they too would like to clutter up the carriages. They’ll all sod off when they realise, sometime around September, that it gets flipping cold and dark out there in that London. I’ll then be able to go back to being the only bike on the train, but for now, it’s hard to get any space.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

been cancelled this year due limpics

toxicsoks
    Free Member

It was quiet this morning. Too damned quiet. I thought there’d been a Zombie invasion, overnight. 😐

ski
    Free Member

Was very quiet, apart from having a Wiggins ‘look a like’ including fledgling burns! sat on my rear for a mile.

RL jummped me to never been seen again, apart from that, very quiet.

Looking forward to tonight, might just stop on the way back at my local to take on fluids 😉

will
    Free Member

No, I commute in London 😆

angryratio
    Free Member

I’m on a day off today.
    I’ve already been out on the single speed roadie and proceeded to kill another free wheel.

Once I’ve had a cup of coffee I’m gonna head out again for a ride on the mountain bike.

WillC9999
    Free Member

Amazing how much difference the school holidays make. Half as much traffic? Imagine if all the little shits rode bikes to school next term? They’d be less tubby, happier, live longer and less would die in travel-related accidents. But no, the world is full of paedos and the only safe place is in the back of a Freeloader…

100mphplus
    Free Member

100mphplus – is there any connection between your tendency to reverse onto a road and all the local children apparently having no legs???

Ha, it would if the buggers didn’t run across the road so quick 😆

kimbers

13% drop in traffic today thanks to the olympics
    all deliveries at my work are on hold

if i wasnt dying of flu in 32c heat id be enjoying my comute

rocketman
    Free Member

Lovely innit?

Certainly is I love it 8)

tonyd

Very much so, although I left a bit later than I should have yesterday and had to give it some welly – the heat nearly killed me.

And to think just a week or two ago I was almost crying putting mud guards on my road bike (which promptly came off at the weekend).

@philconsequence – you got the commute sorted then? A329? I had to go back via Sandhurst yesterday and it was a pretty nice ride. The undulations down the 321 were nice and shady.

samuri
    Free Member

Yeah, commute better. Deer at Rivington also seen, showers busier (I’ve cycled in all year – out of my way!), weather nice.

Splendid.

sefton
    Free Member

what bike you on samuri – I’ll give you a nod if I see you – I’m on a black PX SL

philconsequence
    Free Member

commute is indeed very much sorted, really enjoy doing it… although apparently when i got home yesterday my eyes were completely red (bloodshot) cos of the heat. i think it was my awesome speed and power that did it personally 😀

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Is everyone enjoying their 6 week 'enjoyable commuting' window?’ is closed to new replies.