Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is Endomondo crap? Is there anything better?
  • youngrob

I rode Kirroughtree today and used Endomondo to track my ride. The trail guide says Red+Black is 31km, I get back to the car park and my iphone says that I’ve only done 28.8km

Cheated! Is there anything better out there?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

loads but which works best for you and your handset is a gamble. I’m on android not Ip and found My Tracks better than endomondo, but my Desire S takes a few minutes to find me/the satellites so always misses the start of a ride, whereas my other half’s older Desire runs My Tracks almost instantaneously.

Map my ride also popular.

doubledunter
    Free Member

I use Endomondo but have used everytrail in the past, but not really had any problems with endomondo pro 🙂

colournoise

It’s usually the phone rather than the app.

My old Hero was pretty accurate with everything except altitude. My Desire HD was all over the place with all the GPS apps I have until a recent update which seems to have made it much more accurate.

Bought a 20 quid PAYG Pulse Mini from T-Mobile purely to use as a tracker and it’s been more accurate than either of the ‘proper’ phones mentioned above and I won’t much care if it gets trashed.

App-wise I prefer SportyPal to Endomondo, although Endomondo has better ‘community’ tools and a slicker website if that’s important to you.

slainte 😀 rob

youngrob

I’m just using the free version, but it just never seems accurate. I’m going to try Map my ride next time to see if it’s any better. Thanks

dipper
    Free Member

Endomondo is pretty accurate. If you have it set up to automatically start and stop when you do that can get its knickers Ina twist. Leave it on and it’s spot on

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Not that I’d bother logging a ‘known quantity’ but isn’t that near enough? The FC information is probably slightly +++

😉

alfabus
    Free Member

endomondo and the like aren’t very good for trail centre style tracks – their accuracy and sampling rate tend to mean that the smooth out a lot of the wiggles that you do on a trail centre, so your distance is a lot lower… 28 vs 31km sounds like it is doing that.

You’re not going to get much better from any GPS software… if you want an accurate distance measure, you’ll need a good old fashioned cycle computer counting wheel revolutions.

Dave

andytherocketeer

Endomondo is pretty accurate

ahem – see the other endomondo thread 😉
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/endomondo-lies-why
    Maybe it is accurate. If it is then Everytrail is grossly inaccurate. Or maybe Everytrail is accurate, which means Endomondo is grossly inacurate. Or… well take yer pick – one might be accurate (enough).

endomondo and the like aren’t very good for trail centre style tracks

I’ll go with that. Rollers etc. and switchbacks will certainly be filtered away, at least partially.

joat

Does it really matter? I use it to log rides that I’ve done. And you can always edit it on the website if you feel you’ve been cheated.

anto164
    Free Member

Get yourself a Garmin.

Much better.

M6TTF
    Free Member

I use runkeeper and have been very pleased with it

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is Endomondo crap? Is there anything better?’ is closed to new replies.