Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)
  • Irresponsible thread – how fast…….
  • ….have you ever driven a car?

Lets say for the benefit of our resident plod you either have an active imagination, or were on an Autobahn, or track day.

Sooo, I’ll start the ball rolling with 145mph (speedo reading, so probs only 130’ish). I fully expect that to be beaten, but for a diesel Passat, not bad (was downhill though).

Motorbikes don’t count, but I’m sure we will get a few chipping in.

Drac

About 120mph in the UK.

cynic-al
    Free Member

100 in my mum’s 1.1 Polo, just after being dumped by my first girlfriend.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Never owned a fast car for license loosing reasons…

But have been driven at 130 through the turkmen desert in a big engined 5 series – he just put the boot in and kept it there till we converged with a railway line – i thought we were going to take off….

weeksy

Car, 120mph.

Motorbike 180+ on roads, many many many times.

GSXR1000, Hayabusa, R1’s, etc etc.

glupton1976
    Free Member

I had 120mph out of a vauxhall nova once.

Fastest ever – probably the wrong side of 170mph in a Noble M12 on a runway.

legend
    Free Member

68 officer

deluded
    Free Member

Lets say for the benefit of our resident plod you either have an active imagination, or were on an Autobahn, or track day.

Why would we give a ****?

DrP

Passenger in a Noble 12 something, at 145mph…..it wasn’t getting there that was scary, but back down to 40mph in “no time” want the pant defining moment!

DrP

duckman

Car 130mph
    Motorbike 160mph

mrmoofo

155 mph in a car – on a closed section, obviously
    Unlike Weeksy, a tad less on a bike -around the 150 mph on the clock

I had a Citroen once – and 135 mph , the bonnet started to flex and the doors move in and out – ever so slightly !!

flap_jack
    Free Member

crikey, weeksy, what do you weigh? R1 tops out at 155 with a biffa like me (100kg).

deluded – Member

Why would we give a ****?

Lets just say, erm, some of you are complete bellends – see Co-op car park thread. But no worries, not a plod bashing thread.

carlos
    Free Member

158 on an airfield – Porche cayman, not my car
    143 (ish) in a chipped and tuned 1.8T Golf. Got photo evidence at the time too 🙂

Both indicated, no gps etc… to verify

CountZero

110 in my Octavia on the M4 after my brother had a bike accident.

bruk

About 200km/h or 125mph in Germany on way to wedding in rental car.

Got pulled in Canada once as a student. Rental company messed up and we got a Pontiac Grand Am instead of a Corolla. 3l V6 but slow for it.

Officer pulled us over, ‘do you know how fast we clocked you’

Me ‘Err no Officer’

Officer ‘You were doing 130 in a 90 zone’

Me ‘ oh sorry officer (inside head:- Thank **** earlier I’d being doing 170)’

This was on a straight 3 line empty highway between Jasper and Banff and we were enjoying the road.

He booked me for 110 in a 90 zone and suggested I was leaving soon I might skip the fine. Very nice chap.

patriotpro
    Free Member

130mph in my Dad’s Sapphire Cossie (as passenger).
    140mph in my Fiat Coupe 20V Turbo.

110mph passenger on a Thundercat – hated it!

deluded
    Free Member

Lets just say, erm, some of you are complete bellends – see Co-op car park thread. But no worries, not a plod bashing thread.

Just read your contribution to that thread and what with this 😀

br
    Free Member

250kmh/155mph – Volvo hire car on the autobahn coming out of Munchen airport

+180mph – Kawasaki ZX9R, many times

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

140mph in a car

186mph on a bike.

jota180
    Free Member

No real idea, certainly around 140

Motorbikes on a public road? Probably 160-170

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Sooo, I’ll start the ball rolling with 145mph (speedo reading, so probs only 130’ish). I fully expect that to be beaten, but for a diesel Passat, not bad (was downhill though).

So you drove like a total **** today and now you’re telling us…really clever thing to do…have you ever been to an accident site when the bodies are mangled beyond all belief

Sorry to put a downer on your immature thread !

meka
    Free Member

150 ish most days as I live near an autobahn.

Germany is great.

Disclaimer: in car by myself, dry weather only, plenty of driver training 🙂 , well serviced car with good brakes, proper rated tyres, no other traffic. Read road well ahead, as some mirror phobic mobile phone user will test those aforementioned brakes. In car with passengers then 100-130 seems the norm in these parts. Did I say Germany is great!

breadcrumb

Passenger in a Nova at Bruntingthrope proving ground, 160mph by timing gear.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

In the past two years prob 80! In younger days 115 in an astral downhill on the motorway. I hate speed and sleeping. Life is too precious.

honkiebikedude
    Free Member

Done 140 mph a couple of times , seems to be my default bottle out speed .

I have done 40 mph through the eurostar train in my old mondeo , mildly ammusing 🙂

tonyg2003

About 140mph in a 7 series chauffeur car that picked me up from Munich. I wasn’t in that much of a hurry, which I pointed out to the driver. Felt fine too.

deluded – chill dude 😉

So you drove like a total **** today and now you’re telling us…really clever thing to do…have you ever been to an accident site when the bodies are mangled beyond all belief

Sorry to put a downer on your immature thread !

Who said anything about today? 4 years ago I had a Passat.

Erm, if you hadn’t noticed, there are other contributors to this thread – and as you know nothing about the details of my driving i.e. where it was and who was involved, sod off back in yer box.

ski
    Free Member

150mph in a borrowed 911 in Holland.

Did have some extra lessons with a police driver just after passing my test at the age of 17, who drove a 3.5L Rover well into three figures on some twisty B roads, while shouting out all the possible hazards he was expecting, mostly while he was on the other side of the road!

In the UK, never been over 90, roads are far to busy and never owned a decent car.

alpin
    Free Member

as a passenger 290kmph (180mph) in an A8 on the way back from Garmisch to Munich. felt like you were cruising along at around 100mph. impressive car.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

it wasn’t just at you…anyone who drives like a c*ck !

Apologies for the date mix up… 😥

racefaceec90

52 m.p.h on my cannondale F800 (according to a car that was following me down westbury white horse road descent 😉

Drac

Lots.

ourmaninthenorth

125 indicated – me.

138 indicated – my father’s ur Quattro. Ferrari we overtook at that point then booted it and that was that!

EDIT – on a road bike, 63 (indicated). Once in France, once off Holme Moss. Eek!

nicko74

But have been driven at 130 through the turkmen desert in a big engined 5 series

Ashgabat to Dashogus road? Not the best for high speed, surely?

Klunk
    Free Member

sustained speed, 120 mph for 35 mins London to Northampton as a hitchhiker.

meka
    Free Member

In Germany, in ‘good’ car with trained and experience driver, who is driving with due consideration of current conditions and other users, then fine. But you should see the state of some buckets struggling to not explode the engines that scream past me in most inappropriate circumstances. Anticipation and stopping safely is everything. Some drivers are safe at 220kph, some are lethal at any speed. Hey ho.

MoreCashThanDash

115mph on a clear stretch of motorway, on a dry bright summers evening.

129mph on the speedbowl at the Millbrook testing ground – we weren’t allowed on the top lane as we’d have been rear-ended by the Bentleys that were being let loose up there!

The fastest I’ve managed at Silverstone was only 108mph.

supertacky
    Free Member

182 in a mates Nissan Skyline GTR and around 166
    on my Yamaha R1.

Both are very comfortable at these speeds.

Since Ive grown up and had kids I stick to the speed limit now.

anagallis_arvensis

Dont think i’ve been over 100 i a car or on a bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 133 total)

The topic ‘Irresponsible thread – how fast…….’ is closed to new replies.