Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ipad or Tablet advice please, (for work use.)
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Hi, my wife has seen a number of colleagues using Ipads at work and is wondering if buying one or something similar would be useful. Key would be the ability to sync with Outlook – so might she be better waiting for upcoming Windows tablets…I don’t have a clue as I have never had one in my hands, but it seems that tablet devices are the way forward 🙂 thanks.

bigbeard
    Free Member

I’ve got an iPad and we both (my wife and I) use it for work and private emails and its great. It connects fine to Microsoft exchange server fine. It can also synchronise the calendar and contacts as well.

Any tablet device will be able to do this I would have thought.

cheers
    Ian

thomthumb
    Free Member

had a look at the dell one the other day – it has lots of connectivity. didn’t have a play though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Iphone/iPad both sync fine with outlook/microsoft exchange. Neither my wife or I have any issues.

5lab

depends what’s sitting behind outlook, I believe ipads have issues with getting emails to appear on both devices with some smtp stacks?

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks – sounds like it might be an idea to get one in our hands and see what it can do..

captain-slow
    Free Member

sony tablet is proper gorge…

but what you really need is a laptop and a smartphone

CountZero

@captain slow; why on earth would they need two devices to do the job of a single device? RIM used that brilliant concept – look how successful that was: “oooo lookee, I can buy an iPad with 3G and wifi, and get all my emails and everything, or I can go with Blackberry’s tablet. Blackberry is the byword for email, right? Oh, wait, you mean I have to buy one of their crappy phones as well, before I can get my email on the pad? iPad it is then”

hugor
    Free Member

iPad syncs ok with calendar, contacts and email. Doesn’t do tasks at all. I find the lack of flash support irritating. The need to purchase multiple apps to perform simple functions irritates me too – you need multiple apps to do all office functions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ipad or Tablet advice please, (for work use.)’ is closed to new replies.