Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • iOS 7.1
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

At least my crappy old 4 has become usable again. 🙂

bol

My daughter is going to be pleased. She was so excited to inherit a 4, then realised that it was slower than her 3GS

loddrik
    Free Member

I found the 4s excruciating with ios7 so god knows how slow the 4 was.

convert

I found the 4s excruciating with ios7

Weird, not my experience at all – same as it always was speed wise, but maybe I don’t ask that much of mine.

Battery life not great now though – could be an old battery or the newer os – a day out in that London using it as a map, a bit of internet searching, email the odd call and a few tunes and it won’t last the day any more.

footflaps

I have a 4s with 7 and now 7.1, seems fine.

Have to say the turn by turn sat nav feature is excellent – no idea when that came in though, maybe with 7?

officialtob
    Free Member

I’ve noticed a bit of an improvement on my iPad2 (which uses the same processor as the iPhone 4S) thankfully – it was becoming a bit painful!

muggomagic

My mrs thinks I’m a very sad man for how excited I get when I get a call as I love to see the round answer button roll along as you slide it to answer the call. She may have a point.

officialtob
    Free Member

Have to say the turn by turn sat nav feature is excellent – no idea when that came in though, maybe with 7?

I find it even more impressive when walking through cities. Headphones on, music going, and a polite voice interrupting every so often telling you which way to walk.. all without having to get your phone out of your pocket.

mrblobby
    Free Member

My 4 is painfully slow with iOS 7 so good news if this is an improvement.

tomhoward

My mrs colleagues think I’m a very sad man child for how excited I get when I get a call as I love to see the round answer button roll along as you slide it to answer the call. She They may definitely have a point.

GrahamS

Weird, not my experience at all – same as it always was speed wise

Yeah not my experience either. Missus has a 4 with iOS7 and when I use it it seems pretty much the same as my 4s.

But plenty of people have reported slowness on 4 so maybe it depends on some other factors? (background apps? free space? network speed?) Hopefully this update improves things for them.

Have to say the turn by turn sat nav feature is excellent

Nearly as good as Google Maps! (or NavFree) 😀

spacemonkey

The missus’ 4S runs iOS7 perfectly well. No lag or crashes etc.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I updated my 5s last night and only a couple of things have changed, bit of graphics really..

brassneck

4S fine with 7, 4 a bit laggy, like a cheap Android tablet 🙂

Will give the 7.1 a go on it see if it is worth selling now!

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

my 4s was painfully slow with ios7

ive just updated to 7.1 and i must admit it feels like a new phone again, its fast scrolling STW, texting seems upto speed instead of lagging, just generally seems a bit smoother, and also the graphics seem to be a bit more precise too

certainly made mine better

monkeychild
    Free Member

Oooh best I get this on my Jobs pad.

igm

Ok spotted the new phone answer and end buttons.

What else is new?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

What else is new?

A few visual refinements e.g. keyboards. Different way of answering the phone (better IMO). Calendar improvements (Gee2DaEss should be pleased 🙂 ) and for 4 and 4S users, much faster and more responsive (certainly the case for my 4). Some Siri refinements for those with that.

Still no Flash though.

slackalice
    Free Member

The keyboard seems nicer. I think the ‘@’ has appeared again on it.

No one has phoned me yet 🙄

I’d like a friend.

igm

Post your number on here and I’m sure someone will ring you

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I like the new feature that shows the word being typed out and the keys being hit in real time as I type instead of the word appearing a few seconds later. I had begun to miss it. 😆

GrahamS

Calendar improvements (Gee2DaEss should be pleased )

Yep, better. Still not fantastic but at least it is now on a par with iOS6.

I’ve long since given up with the built-in Calendar and moved to Fantastical 2 instead. (which isn’t perfect either but considerably more functional).

somouk
    Free Member

Fantastical is a really good calendar, I moved when IOS 7 gave up being a useful calendar.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘iOS 7.1’ is closed to new replies.