Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • IOM TT 2017
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, almost upon us.

Rain hampering practice, so lots of gossip filling the TV.

Guy on a new Honda, McGuinness out due to a bad accident, all the other favourites being favoured.

I’ll say Hutchie.. for the big boys race and a couple of others too.

stevio

Depends on when it stops raining long enough tbh; looks out window “no, not yet; probably ok tomorrow”

And seeing the coppers i know on TT Blues…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Can’t see past Hutchy or Bruce for the SBK & Senior race.As an outside choice I think both Hickman & Harrison should go well.
    Due to the lack of practice both Honda & Suzuki will struggle with their new bikes..
    I’d love to see the Norton win,it’s the best sounding bike there & they seem more competitive each year.

Merak

Michael Dunlop in the senior and superbike. He’s the closet to the edge of all the riders for me.
    I’d like to see Guy Martin go well too, he’s been playing things down since March.

neilnevill
    Free Member

i suspect hutchy and dunlop will get most wins but like to see Bruce Ansty go well, and Guy. Guy ought to be quick riding a Honda, surely?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It’s 2.40am and we’re sitt By waiting on the Manannan (ferry) in Liverpool waiting to leave for the TT.
    It’s our 4th time. I can’t wait!

RustyNissanPrairie

Guys Honda hasn’t had much track time so I can’t see him doing very well on it this year, I think he’ll probably win the Zero/electric race though. Otherwise I think a few each for Hutchy and M Dunlop

RustySpanner

Fingers crossed for Brucey.
    The RCV might just surprise everyone.

Michael on a new bike, Guy treating it as a development ride, can’t see past Hutchy for a big week, tbh.

badnewz
    Free Member

Hutchinson to dominate.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m going with hutchy for a big week, think Dunlop might get a win in somewhere though.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

It’s 2.40am and we’re sitt By waiting on the Manannan (ferry) in Liverpool waiting to leave for the TT.

I’ll be making the same journey Tuesday night.Looking forward to hearing that Norton again!

paton
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cIgu9dmheg[/video]
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LM1VXUbqhs[/video]

cat69uk
    Free Member

Heading over Tuesday night, hoping the weather picks up.
    Hutchy & Dunlop mainly, fancy Dean Harrison for a few podiums, old boy Rutter could get to the top step as well!

soundninjauk

I’m actually on the Isle of Man for work at the moment, but due to the rubbish weather yesterday I’m not going to be able to see any as I’m flying back this afternoon 🙁

palmer77
    Free Member

Anywhere to watch it online?

mark88

Anywhere to watch it online?

Coverage on ITV 4 every night. There’s enough people around the course to Facebook live it, would be great to see cooperation amongst fans to do a live stream.

Doesn’t look like the new Honda is up to speed, so Guy will have plenty to moan about. Think it’ll be Michael and Hutchy dominating again.
    Bruce to win the electrics and maybe in the mix in Superbike and senior as it sounds like he’s happy with the RCV.

simondbarnes

Good superbike race today. Not massively fast but close. Guy looked properly shaken up by his very early crash.

Shred
    Free Member

120mph and getting a neutral on the downshift, and walking away with some bruises is very lucky.
    I wouldn’t be keen to get back on that honda after 3 crashes with it.

mike399
    Free Member

I’d been wondering where the TT thread was!
    I don’t think Mr Honda will be too happy with Guy’s gear selector comment being publicised. As said, Mcguinness’ NW200 accident was a bit unexplained and on a fairly strange place on the circuit, and John doesn’t just fall off. I reckon Guy will have been pissed off when Brucey got the electric ride – I hope Guy has been sand bagging in practice, as if not it is surly Bruce’s race to loose.
    Shame about Johnston, as he was going well in practice. Pleased to see Harrison and Hickman in contention, hopefully they will keep it up for the rest of the week.
    Im sure Michael Dunlop will be back at the front for the next big bike race with the new Suzuki suprisingly well on the pace, but Hutchinson is consistent. The weather will spice it up…
    But… surly everyone is hoping William Dunlop will make his mark the 600s?!

badnewz
    Free Member

McGuiness won’t come out and say his crash was caused by the gear shift on the Honda, but he implied it by saying he’s only had two crashes in his career and neither were to do with rider error.
    If a bike isn’t right to race it shouldn’t be raced, certainly not on the island.

letmetalktomark

I’m a huge fan of the TT but not a motorcyclist myself.

In layman terms what happened with Guys’s bike – or is suspected happened?

Would getting a neutral cause the bike to loose grip?

The onboard footage made it look like the bike was squirming around but i presumed that was under braking.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

In layman terms what happened with Guys’s bike – or is suspected happened?

Would getting a neutral cause the bike to loose grip?
    What happens is with a motorcycle when slowing down you use the engine as a brake.When you hit a false neutral you lose the braking.When racing this is more critical than on the road as you’re nearer the limit.You can dial in the amount of engine braking with a slipper clutch & electronics,it’s a bit irrelevant though if the bike’s in neutral
    There’s no gate on a motorcycle gearbox,it’s sequential & goes 1 N 2 3 4 5 6 You hit a false neutral when downshifting,say between 4th to 3rd,release the clutch & the engine braking should slow you down,but obviously if it’s not engaged 3rd gear you’re in a false neutral & no engine braking…
    HTH

letmetalktomark

Thanks Bustaspoke.

Oof – no wonder Honda aren’t a happy bunch!

Shred
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eCv-hnDCK0[/video]

maxray
    Free Member

They should not have interviewed Guy, the man was evidently still shaken up and is a bit of a handful in interviews anyway!

So lucky to walk away from his off..

maxray
    Free Member

Looks like he bailed it in order to keep him in the road and not into the wall!

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxpZKhdMhuk[/video]

mike399
    Free Member

No Guy in the first Supersport…
    Perhaps saving the wrist for the electric bike?

grenosteve
    Free Member

Glad he’s ok.

Can always trust Guy to tell it how it is!

He’s obviously shuck up by it, and maybe a bit disappointed? I think I’d be very nervous of riding that bike after that, and what happened to JM, so that’s his senior TT over really? 🙁

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Dunlop conked out too, and he was in there for the win (sorry Guy, just keeping it real 8) .

No one is talking about the gixxer being a dud though. The big thing, IMO, is that the blade is slow. This is a bigger deal than eating its gearbox. All bikes break but being slow is serious.

Martin should retire. So should big John. Not because of karma because that’s irrational nonsense. John should retire because he’s done it all. Martin should because his real talent lies elsewhere. All IMO of course.

Shred
    Free Member

https://www.facebook.com/luisa.savinosheeley/posts/1347879471974735

Sidecar into the crowd at the Hairpin. Not seen it in the news, so hopefully all okay.

badnewz
    Free Member

Hairpin is one of the slowest parts of the course, so hopefully everyone is ok.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My Mum’s fella is a big TT fan and motorbiker (or he was, he’s now in his 70’s). Apparently recently Hutchie picked up his plastic carrier bag in Argos, the old man “Oi, that’s my carrier bag you thieving….. Hey, don’t I know you?”. Made his day.

kilo

Just watched the highlights on ITV4, Jesus it’s been brutal , RIP to the fallen racers

flanagaj
    Free Member

3 dead racers so far 🙁

Was rather upsetting to hear on tonight’s ITV4 programme

garage-dweller

Flanagaj

My thoughts too. I’ve not really followed it but just watching the super sports (?) tonight my eyes almost couldn’t keep up on the telly! Madness, incredibly gifted madness. I don’t ride a motorcycle but I love the Moto GP but the whole TT thing is 😯

eskay

We stayed in the IOM last month for the Isle of Man Youth Tour (cycling). I have never been before and was pretty taken back with some of the course.

They were putting up padding on walls, trees, sign posts…. Some of the bends were pretty scary, there is one massive sweeping one as you come off of the high peak that they must be flat out on, Christ knows what speed they must be doing.

In the cottage we were staying in there were several photo’s of a rider with messages to his family. I asked the owner and it was his step son (Dan Kneen – I had to look him up as I am not a follower of the sport). I asked him how the hell they deal with watching him ride the TT. He said they just have to get involved with it, his mum one of the senior marhsalls.

It is bad enough watching the kids doing their bike racing, I cannot imagine what it must be like watching one of your kids riding the TT.

I have watched some of the on-board footage and I do not know how the human brain can process things quick enough to navigate the route.

Dickyboy

+1 to last night’s ITV4 coverage being pretty sobering 😥 brings it home to you how much these guys are risking

prawny

@Eskay – Dan comes across really well, he’s one of my favourites, I remember him being gutted that this was caught on camera because he didn’t want his mom to see it.
    [video]https://youtu.be/og35NzN-Gz4[/video]

simondbarnes

Was hoping for a 120mph in the Zero TT but not to be. Hardly surprising given lack of practice and amount of rain.

oldejeans
    Free Member

amazing result for UoN!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘IOM TT 2017’ is closed to new replies.