Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Intermittent fasting and exercise
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

So out today, nothing but a coffee. Hit the trails at 8.30 and back to the van for 11am. Interesting experience riding with an empty stomach, felt somehow more sprightly on the bike initially, but after about 45 mins I started feeling hungry for my usual hourly snack, but ignored it (although couldn’t stop thinking about food but made myself think of the recovery shake in the van). In the first hour it did feel a little harder than usual to really push had and looking at my HRM I barely went above 90% of Max HR which is unusual for me. Found in the second hour my legs were burning more on runs which I’m normally happy to push hard on. Then in the last 30mins I was tired and need to rest – a few near misses and lack of control (more than usual).

Overall did 2.5hours and covered 14.5km wiht 660m climbing. Spent 40% of my time in 80-90% MaxHR and apparently according to Polar burnt 1991cals of which 16% were fat burning.

Looking back, surprised at how well I did just on a coffee but OMG did that shake taste good when I got back to the car

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Anything you can’t keep up for the rest of your life is a fool’s errand and is doomed to failure.

It doesn’t make any difference if you eat all your daily calories in one go or spread them throughout the day, this is assuming your eating nutritious food and not crap.

The diet and fitness industry is a quagmire full of money grabbing bull shitters.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Weight loss isn’t my main objective

docgeoffyjones

Looking back, surprised at how well I did just on a coffee but OMG did that shake taste good when I got back to the car

I really want to try some fasted rides soon. Apparantley because your body wakes up in a fat burning mode after fasting all night and you are not taking on any carbs pre exercise your body remains in a fat burning mode during your exercise.

I know weight loss is not your main objective but have you been tracking your weight?

weeksy

I’m on my 3rd 600cal day in a week and just completed a 50min zwift race. Its not easy but far from impossible to work hard when fasting.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Went out for a ride yesterday for an hour right at the end of the 16 hour fast on an empty stomach – got a little light headed and sketchy on the technical / fast bits.

Overall though I’ve been feeling the best I have for years. Which is great after having some health issues a few years back with PVF

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Intermittent fasting and exercise’ is closed to new replies.