Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Intense Spider Main Pivot Bearing Has Died
  • rossi46
    Free Member

The main pivot bearings on my Intense Spider have imploded on themselves 🙁
    Anyone know what size they are so that i can replace them? There’s not much left of them, so a post mortem isn’t going to answer this question.
    Its the main rear suspension bearings located next to the Bottom Bracket.
    Also anyone know where i can get some replacements and how much will i be looking at?

This is the baby in question:

Thanks for looking Singletrackers! 😀

allthepies
    Free Member

Anyone else read that as Spider Man pivot failure ? 🙂

rossi46
    Free Member

Anyone else read that as Spider Man pivot failure ?

😆

mamadirt
    Free Member

Had all the bearings on my similar age Tazer VP replaced at my local bike shop a couple of years ago – cost me around £60 irrc. I had originally planned on replacing just the main pivot bearings myself but as they wouldn’t budge I decided to get the job done properly and replace the lot. The Tazer takes Enduro 6001 2RS Max bearings – I’d imagine that the Spider would be the same as they share the same rear end.

Lovely little bike btw 8)

JustRide
    Free Member

BETD will sort you out with either a full set or just the ones that you need. I have had the same ones go on my 2003 spider. Give them a ring, they have always been really helpfull

rossi46
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice everyone- BETD it is 😀

Lovely little bike btw

Sure is, just lovely round the twisty stuff and it even flatters my lack of fitness uphill- it kinda has an autopilot 😆
    Always wants you to give it 100% and no less even when you’re cream crackered, so only for experienced riders.

PS: that 5th element rear shock is cack, it now has a rock shox replacement which is miles better 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Intense Spider Main Pivot Bearing Has Died’ is closed to new replies.