Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Injured bunny – own him with Bombers?
  • Fortunateson09
    Free Member

The dog's ragged a baby bunny. It's on its last legs – should I just own it with some Bombers? Is there a more humane method of bunny euthanasia?

allthegear
    Free Member

My dog used to have a habit of leaving me with the job of finishing off baby bunnies when we went biking around Otley Chevin. He always used to leave them so that I'd be smashing their heads in, just as a young family would come walking around the corner. I'd swear he knew…

Junkyard
    Free Member

allthe gear did you not think there was no need to muzzle the dog or have better control of it?
    I am sure certain methods are better and more humane than Bombers in thie scenario but as my Dog never did this I have no suggestions

allthegear
    Free Member

No, not at all. He was extremely well behaved, even in fields full of sheep and cows. I guess that comes from being a trained sheep (or, more accurately, cow) dog. The fact that he chased some of the vermin in the forest was fine by me; not out of control.

Jay
    Free Member
    Junkyard
    Free Member

welsh collie?
    Rats are vermin bunnies are cute and cuddly and bring chocolate eggs

allthegear
    Free Member

Border Collie, as it happens. And anyway, rabbits may traditionally bring chocolate eggs but the best eggs always come from Betty's…

Netdonkey

Guy in the link might be a good bunny killer but would never leave my kids with him :o) Loony!

allthegear
    Free Member

Because you think he might break their necks??

Flaperon

Dog has never successfully caught a rabbit but the cat is doing a fine job at the moment, one or two every day. Fat little bastard, you've never seen smug until you've seen a cat dragging 3x its own body weight in dead rabbit.

Wookster

I topped a mixie bunny with a spade a whi9le ago not nice bt beter than what a ste he was in really. RSPCA will do it for you if you call them I think.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nurse it back to health or wring its neck.

br
    Free Member

bucket full of water, with a lid

also works well for puppies, kittens and all manner of unwanted animals

Nonsense
    Free Member

Try the people's elbow.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Poor wabbit.

Bunnyhop

We were out riding in the Peak district a few years ago with geetee72 of these parts. When this woman started screaming at us that we'd all run over the baby bunny, now in her hand. She was expecting us to call the R.S.P.C.A. Then geetee72 bravely dismounted, strides over to the woman carefully takes very poorly bunny in his hands and wrings it's neck. The woman was shocked, however the bunny did wee all over his hand. What else could he do. It was quick and the poor creature wouldn't have felt much.
    When she wasn't looking the bunny was thrown into a bush and left for the foxes. All nature imo.

So neck wringing is best.

myheadsashed

Bunnyhop with a name like that Id keep a low profile 😯

Bunnyhop

Whoops 😳

zaskar
    Free Member

Don't rabbits have diseases?

theotherjonv

I had one of these a few months back, on a night ride waiting to cross a road for a car, just as the car passes a bunny hops out and gets clipped by it. Seems back or hind legs are busted as he's trying to pull himself off the road with front paws only. I looked at my mate and said 'we can't leave it like that' – and my mate responds, 'I agree – I'll hold your bike'

So I pick it up, intent on wringing its neck when it occurs to me I've
    never done it before and have no idea how hard to pull. And I have visions of a police car coming past as a bloke in lycra with a light on his hat is stood there with half a bunny in one hand and bunny head in the other, covered in fresh bunny blood.

So I smacked his head proper hard on a gate post until he stopped wriggling instead.

Northwind

Obviously you should rabbit punch it.

(God forbid I ever have to kill a donkey…)

No problem with killing them but if you've got a cat or dog that likes to chase the things you should know how to deal with the results. Leaving them injured isn't on, IMO.

swavis

Last year I had a bunny run out of the edge of a track, it went between the wheels, but unfortunately ran into my lowered crank and so went under the back wheel. Oopsie!

I looked back to see said bunny break-dancing all over the place, so wrung its neck. I felt guilty for ages afterwards.

The winner of animal killings would have to go to Shortbread and Spey Stout on here for managing to kill a deer.
    I'll let them tell the story…….

molgrips
    Free Member

Our cat just brings them into the garden and plays with them so they scream their lungs out. Meaning we have to go down at 3am, catch the things (mostly unharmed) and take them back into the woods. Probably to be caught again I spect.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Injured bunny – own him with Bombers?’ is closed to new replies.