Home Forums Bike Forum Indievelo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Indievelo
    Blackflag
    Free Member

Have we done this yet? Appols if so.

For those who don’t know its a free training app in beta testing that links to your indoor start trainer etc.

Just downloaded it and given it a go. Seems exceptionally similar to Zwift almost to the point im half expecting Zwift to take legal action. But i like it. Way better than mywhoosh and other zwift copies. And with zwift bumping up their prices so much i think i’ll be using this instead this winter.

Any longer term users out there? What do you think?

Simon

Not used it but I’m interested.

Can it be run on an Apple TV box like Strava?

thecaptain
    Free Member

I used zwift for a couple of years through the pandemic but not for a while now. Planning on trying this out over the winter, I won’t get enough out of zwift for the price as I’m more of a runner really (though my wife does use it a lot).

Blackflag
    Free Member

Can it be run on an Apple TV box like Strava?

Apparently it can, ive just googled it.

About

kcr
    Free Member

I dropped Zwift after the price rise. I have tried MyWhoosh once and IndieVelo a couple of times. They both seemed like adequate replacements in terms of the technology. MyWhoosh was a bit slicker for pairing, in my experience. Smaller numbers of users and events on both, I think, but I probably got a more competitive event in the small group I rode with on IndieVelo, compared to Zwift.

The only missing thing I would like to see on IndieVelo is training programmes, like the Zwift 12 week FTP builder. I think MyWhoosh may have some, but I need to spend a bit more time on it.

I think the key thing is going to be whether either of them reaches critical mass and has a big enough user base to really get established and sustain themselves (and what their revenue solution is).

scotroutes

MyWhoosh doesn’t need a “revenue solution” due to its funding. It’s not nicknamed MyWash for nothing.

IndieVelo is already charging for Apple TV access. I expect they’ll have to introduce a subscription for everyone else “soon” – or just hope that someone else comes along to buy them.out.

The next three months or so should see a bit of clarity – as the majority of users are returning to indoor riding now the Northern Hemisphere heads into Autumn and Winter.

anagallis_arvensis

I used Indievelo last winter (and have once this, winter is coming!). I like it, it’s free, you can race or train etc. Switched from RGT when that was bought out and closed down by Wahoo

Blackflag
    Free Member

Didn’t realise it has been around that long. The guy who told me about it seemed to think it was brand new.

jwh
    Free Member

I’ve used indievelo since the beginning of the year.

I haven’t raced on it, but ive done a load of pacer bots and imported workouts.

The pacer bots are great to either push your pace or keep you check if doing a gentler workout

Its been very stable so far and the lower quality graphics are fine for me. I could get away with a graph if needs be.

rockbus

I’ve just had a go with this and very impressed. Especially as free and post ridiculous increase in Zwift costs.

I hadn’t connected to strava but have done now – historic activities haven’t shown but presume new ones will from now?

vlad_the_invader

There’s an Android app! I’ll give that a try when I’m back from holiday. Thanks for the heads-up

vlad_the_invader

A quick bump for this.

I tried IndieVelo for first time (on my Android phone) yesterday and was impressed at the ease of connecting my trainer and HR monitor.

One “complaint” (which is possibly premature) is there’s a lot of small text on screen which is just about impossible to read on a Pixel 6a so I’ll need to investigate either cleaning up screen display (there are some config options I’ve not played with yet) or a need to figure out how to screen cast to an old monitor I have.

Another observation: I did their ramp test and topped out around 400w but IndieVelo has recorded my FTP at 175w which seems badly off (I was expecting around 250-280w).

Does anyone know whether there’s an option to display “target power” in workout mode?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.