Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • In defence of Powerbands
  • tazzymtb

There seem to rather a lot of naysayers to the powerband products. Most of it seems to be based on the fact that it is obviously rubbish because in their limited understanding they can’t determine how it works. There also seems to be a lot of placebo effect comments bandied about.

Even if works by the “dumbo’s feather” principle, if you wear something that you believe will make you faster/better and it does (even through placebo) then it works.

I wear one and it has improved my speed and endurance significantly, I’ve also noticed other effects as well.

I just hope that anyone knocking powerbands is not religious, doesn’t believe in alternative or complimentary medicines and doesn’t buy into the belief that science can prove anything, otherwise you are all massive hypocrites.

rs
    Free Member

😆

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Wiggins didnt wear a Powerband in 2009 and came 4th in the tour, he wore one in 2010 and came 24th while wearing one. There is conclusive scientific evidence that they dont work…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I can vouch for Tazzy’s claims but I believe that his powerband took all my riding talent from me on the SS FoD ride and bestowed my God like ability onto him!!!

MrNutt
    Free Member

God knows. 😉

sweepy
    Free Member

Lets see whos wearing one in five years time.

alfabus
    Free Member

and doesn’t buy into the belief that science can prove anything

eh?

in fact, that sentiment relates to the whole OP.

Dave

wwaswas

I’ve also noticed other effects as well.

ooh, do tell – have you been healing the sick by touch or killing baddies with laser vision?

crikey
    Free Member

I just hope that anyone knocking powerbands is not religious, doesn’t believe in alternative or complimentary medicines and doesn’t buy into the belief that science can prove anything

I’ve not knocked them, but I’m not religious, don’t believe in any alternative or complementary medicine and I don’t think that science can prove anything.

I also believe that gullibility is common, and the placebo effect is real.

yunki
    Free Member

I gain increased cycling performance by sellotaping a mini shredded wheat to my forehead between my eyes..
    I have found that it is much more effective if I also pray to this creature

constantly and aloud during the ride (including cafe/pub stops)..

none of these slightly flippant gestures work to their maximum potential however.. unless I also abstain from any form of personal hygiene and toilet functions in the 24 hours preceding the ride..

you too can benefit from this discovery if you send me £25 by paypal gift..

wwaswas

if you wear something that you believe will make you faster/better and it does (even through placebo) then it works.

The problem with placebo’s is you need to keep upping the dose to have the same effect when you start doubting the original.

You’ll be carrying a 6ft diameter hologram around in 10 years time to achieve the same results, mark my words.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

“Who’s that trip-trapping over my bridge?’, said Tazzymtb….

nonk
    Free Member

i think they make your wee smell.

iDave
    Free Member

I had an extra big poo the day I met a beautiful woman, therefore……

crankboy
    Free Member

I can’t believe any one falls for this power band swindle . The makers have simply ripped of the well known medical phenomenon of ????????? ???????? ??? ??????? and harnessed it’s energy then stuck a pointless hologram on their device for show. The body’s energy s naturally dissipate at the wrists angles thighs and neck (that’s why they are pulse points.)By putting any band round these regions you prevent energy dissipating and thus improve performance.
    That’s why pro athletes wear sports watches, pulse monitors excreta. That’s why swimmers in skin suits that go to the wrists and ankles are faster.
    Don’t waste you money on power bands you can harness as much extra energy with a piece of string tied round your wrist.

crikey
    Free Member

pulse monitors excreta

I thought they just monitored your pulse…

wwaswas

“ripped of the well known medical phenomenon of ????????? ???????? ??? ???????”

Well, that’s easy for you to say.

[edit]
    pulse monitors excreta

I thought they just monitored your pulse…

something to do with bean intake I suspect.

tazzymtb

ooh, do tell – have you been healing the sick by touch or killing baddies with laser vision?

my hair loss has reduced, my beard has got longer and more luxuriant and it got rid of a cold in record time, there are other benefits as well

wwaswas

it got rid of a cold in record time

I’d get on to those Guinness people and get yourself in their book.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I had an extra big poo the day I met a beautiful woman

Before, after or during?? 😯

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Everyone knows that energy leaks out at the fingertips and toes.

Professional runners almost always wear some form of footwear, as this is proven to concentrate the energy into the feet where it is needed for their job. Similarly goalkeepers wear gloves because they need super charged hands for special catching and throwing. Boxers gloves are so insulated that they are able to concentrate enough energy to knock a man out.

There are many more practical examples that prove this theory beyond doubt.

tazzymtb

muppetwrangler – you are a beautifully deranged individual 😀

tazzymtb

had an extra big poo the day I met a beautiful woman

since wearing powerband my poo has changed colour to a more rainbow sheen, the holograms are definitely attuning me to their wavelength

float
    Free Member

please save all troll threads untill sunday evenings 😆

iDave
    Free Member

please save all troll threads untill sunday evenings

if you wear a powerband, you get to sunday evening 5 days before everyone else

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Would Surf-Mat + Powerband take Chuck Norrris? I think that would be an awesome contest.

tazzymtb

troll

troll threads

tazzymtb

cinamon_girl plus powerband would kick chuck norris’s backside they’re that good

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Would Surf-Mat + Powerband take Chuck Norrris?

which one is wearing gloves?

tazzymtb

I’m glad this is proving entertaining for folks, but you are missing the awesome benefits, just you wait, you’ll be sorry.

kimbers

I only wear mine to masturbate
    Best w@nks ever

Cougar

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but that’s not chi.

Cheese, maybe.

tazzymtb

I only wear mine to masturbate

if you wear a band that’s too small it’ll make you hand go numb so the awesome power in powerband will make it feel like it’s someone else’s hand.

I get the feeling there are some of those naysayers on this thread 😕

philconsequence
    Free Member

muppetwranger… you please me.

i’ll be keeping an eye on you 8)

when i’m not about you’ll be watched carefully by either Torminalis or The Southern Yeti. if they’re busy then keep an eye out for barnsleymitch… he’s probably in your shed reading your old copies of readers wives.

kaesae
    Free Member

I don’t get it, maybe I’m slow. It’s a hologram a visual effect, how do you look at it, while riding.

Does it have magnetic or electromagnetic properties, if not how does something that you are supposed to look at effect performance while you ware it but are not looking at it.

I remember a few years back there was these posters with funny shapes and people who looked at them would see all sorts. All I ever saw where an awful lot of idiots staring at some of the worst posters I’ve ever seen.

Use your power bands all you like, when I want to go fast, I’ll imagine a horny yeti chasing me!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I just hope that anyone knocking powerbands is not religious, doesn’t believe in alternative or complimentary medicines and doesn’t buy into the belief that science can prove anything, otherwise you are all massive hypocrites.

The difference with Religion is that the people selling you the religion do actual believe in the religion or at least in some of its tenets. Also most religions developed in a time when people didnt have a better explanation for the world around them.

Again the same for chiropractory, tai chi, Acupuncture etc .. The people who developed did not better and they seem to have some benefit even if the the original explanation is clearly buckum.

Where as the makers of the power bands clearly know they dont work and everything we currently know about the human body says they wont work. In other words the makers(marketeers more like) are just trying to make money at others expense.

This more akin to a cult like Scientology where the leadership doesnt really believe in the message of the movement but just wants power/money through it.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

All I ever saw where an awful lot of idiots staring at some of the worst posters I’ve ever seen.

😆

Another gem from Kaesae. Here is Wisdom.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Man who rides 29er in buying nonsense shocker.

And science will prove everything, that’s why it’s science, not religion.

tazzymtb

I’ve decided that the hologram is clearly the bit which is putting people of so I’m going to market the new and improved version

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you

THE POWERBLAND

it’s beige appearance is specifically attuned to the colour of an austin allegro for power and performance. In addition the amazing powerbland will make you crave a nice cup of tea and enhance your pulling power with ladies of a certain age due to the tartan rug corona that will form about you the longer you wear it.

as worn by such celebrities as

I’ll be rich beyond my wildest dreams

mwahahahahahahahahaha

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘In defence of Powerbands’ is closed to new replies.